United Community Services Healthcare Regional Float MAT RN or LPN in West Des Moines, Iowa
\"UCS Healthcare values me as an employee.\" \"I\'m given the latitude to do my job.\" \"UCS Healthcare is making a difference in our community.\" \"My supervisor is caring and understanding and is rooting for my success!\"
These are just a few quotes from a recent employee survey. Many employers promise competitive salaries and benefits, but more than that is required to provide a fulfilling career. What will? How about an organizational culture of mutual respect? Or maybe a career that is not \'corporate,\' where profits come before people?
As ahealthcare nonprofit,we put people first. We pay for a vast majority of your health insurance premium as part of our robust benefits package. We provide real opportunities for advancement and growth while doingwork that makes a difference in our communities. We are inclusive and firmly believe that bringing your authentic self to work improves teams and helps our clients thrive.
If you find a better employer who can beat what is listed above, apply there. If you don\'t want to wait for them to catch up with UCS Healthcare, apply with us. Our team members tell us that they are grateful they did.Join us in our mission to create hope for healing and lifelong well-being.
UCS Healthcare has earned the Best Place for Working Parents Designation three years running (2021-2023) in recognition of our commitment to supporting working parents through our family-friendly policies and practices.
We have afull-time salaried positionavailable for aRegional Float MAT RN or LPNinWestern/Central Iowa!Must live within a90 miledriving distance to our office inWest Des Moines, Iowa.We offer acompetitive salary, pay for mileage, and travel time.
The Regional Float MAT RN or LPN role provides and coordinates comprehensive professional nursing care to clinic patients suffering from mental illness, SUD and physical health illnesses and provides leadership by working cooperatively with other health care team members in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in multiple clinical settings and locations. Works independently with minimal supervision from a home office setting. Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence.
As part of UCS Healthcare, team members will follow all laws and regulations, including those at the Federal, State, and Local level. They will also adhere to all UCS policies and procedures, including patient confidentiality, HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2, and all CARF requirements. All team members will operate in alignment with UCS Healthcare\'s core values, work effectively in a team environment, provide or support patient-centered services, and strive to assist UCS Healthcare in delivering the highest level of care.
The job responsibilities are as follows:
Shift Coverage / Patient Care: 25%
- Available for coverage at our Central and Western Iowa sites including on-call for last minute coverage.
- Promotes nursing practices and patient care that is effective in terms of quality and cost, and results in patient satisfaction within scope of practice.
- Accurately calls in/e-scribes medications in a timely manner.
- Administers medications and evaluates and documents their effectiveness as well as any adverse reactions.
- Obtains vital signs and reports to physician.
- Observes and reports behavioral changes.
- Appropriately schedule patients within prescribers requested parameters.
- Effectively manage patients in crisis.
- Perform nursing assessments and HandP\'s on all new admissions or readmissions when necessary and appropriate based on scope of practice
- Perform, interpret, record, and report on-site TB tests and other testing as ordered by physician.
- Venipuncture and injections as ordered by physician.
- Carry out all physician orders including telephone orders.
- Assist the physician with clinic, rooming patients and ensuring compliance.
- Re ord and report all observed symptoms and changes in the patient\'s condition to the interdisciplinary team members and medical director if necessary.
- Counting patient\'s-controlled substance medication to monitor for overuse/abuse when deemed necessary by the pharmacist, nurse, or physician.
- Preform all other med unit duties as listed below.
- Documents in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Make appropriate health referrals whenever necessary.
- Ensure all prescriptions are called or e-scribed to correct pharmacy in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate request to Medical Director when medication dosage change is indicated and carry out those orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtain urine specimens according to agency policy and federal regulation and make appropriate report of results.
- Review 8pt criteria for take home medications.
- Perform daily nursing assessments on patients involved in the detoxification program.
- Assist clients with guest dosing.
- Provide first-aid to patients and staff as needed and make appropriate referrals as needed.
- Perform initial and monthly pregnancy visits with all pregnant women and ensure OB care is being provided and documented.
- Other duties as assigned in all programs within scope of practice.
- Other duties as appropriate in Medication units
- Preparing and dispensing physician prescribed doses of medications. This includes the preparation of \"take home doses\" (described as \"Take Out doses\" or \"TOs\" in Methasoft.)
- Using the Methasoft software to dose patients, control and monitor inventory, and generate and utilize reports in order to aid in the monitoring and treatment of MAT patients.
- Ordering medications through our preferred wholesaler when pharmacy stock is depleted when assigned by Pharmacy Supervisor.
- Providing pharmaceutical counseling/education to patients and staff.
- Consulting with clinic physicians and staff on pharmacology/pharmacokinetic questions concerning agency patients.
- Ensure patient photographs are up to date in Methasoft; take photographs at intake and as necessary.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and professional appearance of the pharmacy.
- Maintaining and cleaning the LabTec methadone pump.
- Collecting Urinalysis
- Completing Breathalyzers
- Taking payment and working with financial team for grants
Review Documentation for compliance and billing: 50%
- Completes administrative functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Completes inventory at assigned locations and reports back to supervisors and pharmacist supervisor.
- Demonstrates competence in specified computer applications.
- Performs screening, assessment, and data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner.
- Reviews Vital Interaction system for patient hospitalization / ER Utilization and coordinates with nurses and providers to follow up.
- Reviews failed claims and assists providers in fixing items to be processed for billing.
- Responsible for reviewing patient\'s prescriptions and OTC medications to ensure they are properly prescribed and to assess whether client is aware of adverse reactions.
- Utilizing PMP to assess use/misuse of medications or drug seeking behaviors and report to nurse for evaluation of patient records.
- Assists with DEA inspections as assigned and required.
Administrative Duties: 25%
Scanning in patient records
Assisting in creating, editing, and putting together workflows and manuals
Other projects and data collection as requested by supervisors or medical services director.