United Community Services Healthcare Float Certified Medical Assistant in West Des Moines, Iowa
"UCS Healthcare values me as an employee." "I'm given the latitude to do my job." "UCS Healthcare is making a difference in our community." "My supervisor is caring and understanding and is rooting for my success!"
These are just a few quotes from a recent employee survey. Many employers promise competitive salaries and benefits, but more than that is required to provide a fulfilling career. What will? How about an organizational culture of mutual respect? Or maybe a career that is not 'corporate,' where profits come before people?
As ahealthcare nonprofit,we put people first. We pay for a vast majority of your health insurance premium as part of our robust benefits package. We provide real opportunities for advancement and growth while doingwork that makes a difference in our communities. We are inclusive and firmly believe that bringing your authentic self to work improves teams and helps our clients thrive.
If you find a better employer who can beat what is listed above, apply there. If you don't want to wait for them to catch up with UCS Healthcare, apply with us. Our team members tell us that they are grateful they did.Join us in our mission to create hope for healing and lifelong well-being.
UCS Healthcare has earned the Best Place for Working Parents Designation three years running (2021-2023) in recognition of our commitment to supporting working parents through our family-friendly policies and practices.
We have afull-timeposition available for aFloat Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)at our clinic inWest Des Moines, Iowa. We offer a competitive hourly wage and benefits package.
Job Title:Certified Medical Assistant(CMA)
Reports To:Nursing Supervisors
Job Summary:Provides comprehensive medical care within scope of practice including patient care, documentation, and communication to clinic patients. Cooperates with other medical professionals in a team environment, while maintaining professional medical standards. Promotes medical assisting practices and patient care that is effective in terms of quality, cost, and patient satisfaction.This role will primarily work across ourFamily PracticeandMedication Assisted Treatment (MAT)programs. Responsibilities or coverage can include any of our practice areas.
As part of UCS Healthcare, team members will follow all laws and regulations, including those at the Federal, State, and Local level. They will also adhere to all UCS policies and procedures, including patient confidentiality, HIPAA/ 42CFR part 2, and all CARF requirements. All team members will operate in alignment with UCS Healthcare's core values, work effectively in a team environment, provide or support patient-centered services, and strive to assist UCS Healthcare in delivering the highest level of care.
Essential Functions (60%):
- Performs patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, consistent and continuous manner by utilization of pre-determined standards and evidenced-based practices that define the structure, process and desired patient outcomes
- Administer and coordinate drug screenings:
- Collection of urinalyses
- Perform Breathalyzer testing
- Keep dosing area and urinalysis restroom clean and orderly
- Inform nursing staff of client needs
- Count patient prescription pills and notify nurse of inconsistencies.
- Maintain and distribute accurate medical records
- Rooms patients and accurately assesses vital signs and reason for visit.
- Administers medications and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Performs venipuncture while maintaining safety standards.
- Performs efficiently in emergency situations following established protocols.
- Communicates effectively, practices effective problem identification and resolution skills and uses lines of authority appropriately.
- Demonstrates a team approach to care.
- Triage phone calls appropriately reporting to RN or Physician.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner within scope of practice.
- Accurately receives and follows through on written and verbal orders from providers.
- Accurately calls in/e-scribes medications in a timely manner.
- Documents accurately in a timely manner.
- Document program specific data collection into systems.
- Scanning and uploading documents.
- Obtaining consents.
- Regular attendance is required.
Other Functions (40%):Include but are not limited to-
- Is a team player, provides patient centered services and strives to provide the highest level of care.
- Supports the values and philosophy of UCS Healthcare as well as the mission, vision, and behaviors of service excellence.
- Demonstrates commitment to professional growth and competence, maintaining licensure and certificates.
- Consistently meets work schedule.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe and secure environment for patients and staff.
- Maintains standards of medical assisting care, performing within the scope of practice.
- Participates in agency meetings for betterment of patient care.
- appropriately schedule patients within physicians requested parameters.
- Implements educational materials and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Participates in orientation of new personnel.
- Other duties as assigned in all programs within scope of practice and assigned by supervisor.
- Implement and maintain Opioid Treatment Standards within CARF, state, federal, and agency rules and regulations additional duties as assigned.
- Able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Able to bend, stoop, squat, crouch throughout the day.
- A valid driver's license is required (an Iowa driver's license is required within 30 days of hire) and liability insurance or an equivalent means of personal transportation and coverage as travel within the state of Iowa may be necessary.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Currently holds an unencumbered CMA certification. Obtains and subsequently maintains required department specific competencies and certifications.
- Minimum 1 Year Previous medical office experience required.
- Demonstrates competence in specified computer applications.
- Venipuncture skills required.
Work Schedule:Full-time, Monday - Friday 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Work Location:Our clinic inWest Des Moines, IA. Occasional Fridays at our office Ankney, IA based on need.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Applicants that are requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Human Resources.
UCS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military serv