UnityPoint Health Device Technician (CMA) -Cardiology- Lakeview PB in West Des Moines, Iowa
Device Technician (CMA/LPN)
Full Time Benefits
Provide diagnostic patient care services associated with Holter and event/telemetry monitors, telephonic device analysis, and remote monitoring of implanted medical devices.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
Apply 24 or 48 hour Holter and 30 day event monitors in accordance to clinic policy and procedure.
Operate Holter monitor equipment and computers.
Provide complete, comprehensive data analysis of the Holter monitor and prepare accurate reports for interpretation.
Recognize emergent finds and notify the appropriate physician/nurse team.
Independent judgment, initiative, and the ability to provide competent medical services to patients.
Provide Holter monitor support services to outreach clinical sites.
Assist the physician and other health care professionals with retrieval of data from the event/telemetry cardiac monitoring system.
Conduct telephonic pacemaker analysis and prepare accurate reports for interpretation.
Process and direct reports from the remote monitoring systems to the appropriate health care professional in accordance with established policy/protocols.
Development and Patient Education
· Provide continuity of care by following scheduling guidelines as outlined in established clinic policy/protocols.
· Provides individualized education for patients and their families, recognizing and adapting to any special needs.
· Serves as a patient advocate by adhering to ethical standards and by maintaining an environment of professional conduct in the clinical setting.
- Coordinates work schedule with lead and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
· Assumes responsibility for the safety and the mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the care of the Device Technician.
Organizes daily work schedule and performs clerical duties with accuracy. Completes billing exam forms.
Maintains equipment and work area, inclusive of adequate supplies.
Recognize malfunctioning equipment, perform minor troubleshooting, and initiate repair service when warranted.
Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Medical Assistant Certification, LPN, RN or telemetry monitor training preferred.
· Minimum of one year of experience in cardiology.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Strong computer skills.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
· Multicultural sensitivity.
· Customer/patient focused.
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-111135
Street: 6000 W University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Cardiology- Lakeview PB
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 7:30 AM to 4 PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org