UnityPoint Health Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) - WDM Internal Med **$3k Sign-on Bonus in West Des Moines, Iowa
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
WDM Internal Medicine
Full Time w/Benefits, Dayshift Hours M-F 8:30 am to 5 pm
**$3,000 sign-on bonus for eligible external candidates.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Questions? Contact Bridget.Meacham@unitypoint.org
• Prepare patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
• May be required to draw and collect blood and other samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines.
• Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
• Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions.
• Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
• Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants or equivalent work experience if NHA* certified.
• High school diploma required if work is performed in a moderately complex CLIA lab.
• Current CMA certification through AAMA, NCCT, RMA or NHA*.
• BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
Requisition ID: 2022-123937
Street: 6010 Mills Civic Pkwy
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Internal Med- WDM- DM
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org