Work in Iowa Healthcare Jobs

Job Information

Waverly Health Center Med/Surg Tech .9 FTE in Waverly, Iowa

SCHEDULE FTE: .9, weekend and Holiday rotation required.

Will be expected to float to Emergency Department and Birthing Center in times of census fluctuations. PRIMARY FUNCTIONS Performs clerical/receptionist duties for the nursing unit and facilitates communication needs of the department. Provides direct and indirect patient care within their scope of practice under the direction of a Registered Nurse. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education, Experience, and Training

  • Must possess high school diploma or equivalent.

  • Medical Secretary training or knowledge of medical terminology preferred.

  • Must have successfully completed a minimum of Nurse Aide I course and competency exams and be listed as eligible for employment on the Iowa Direct Care Worker Registry (Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals Health Facilities Division). Completion of Nurse Aide II course preferred.

  • Ability to learn and navigate computer systems including the online training modules, the employee timesheet and the performance appraisal system. Job specific systems are also required.

  • Must be able to read, speak, and write fluent English.

Physical Requirements

  • Sitting – Approximately 50% of shift.

  • Standing– Approximately 25% of shift.

  • Walking – Approximately 25% of shift.

  • Lifting – Approximately 35 pounds. Must use, and require staff to use, when in hospital and pre-hospital settings, proper body mechanics and ergonomics and, as applicable, lifting/moving devices.

  • Twisting – Infrequent.

  • Bending – Moderate.

  • Squat/Kneel – Approximately 25% of shift.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 140