UnityPoint Health Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in Waterloo, Iowa
$5,000 sign on bonus
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
UnityPoint at Home
Full-Time, 40 hours/week Monday-Friday Daytime hours
The COTA provides direct patient care for a diverse community-based caseload with the observation of care provided directed by an Occupational Therapist. Provides subject matter expertise and proficiency of clinical best practices and achieve standards for patient satisfaction and outcomes for care delivered.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We're proud to be recognized as a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker's Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/ to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area. Treats patients/clients to relieve pain, develop or restore function and maintain maximum performance using specified occupational therapy procedures. Directs and aides patients/clients in plan of treatment. Utilized physical agents including heat, cold, water, electricity, ultrasound and massage. Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Occupational Therapy Assistants and valid license as an Occupational Therapy Assistant.
Experience with Microsoft Office software applications.
Minimum CNA 75 hour
Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
One year experience in a health care field.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Knowledge of rehabilitation principles and practices including the ability to carry out the procedures in the home.
Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state(s) and/or organizational requirements.
· Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse.
· Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
· Strong interpersonal skills, prioritization skills, communication skills with interdisciplinary team.
· Meets all performance appraisal standards according to the COTA clinical competence
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and processes.
· Strong technology skills.
· Integrated Care Management (ICM) certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2023-132811
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Visits- HC- WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Full time, Weekdays
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org