Combined Insurance Senior Underwriter, Environmental in United States
Senior Underwriter, Environmental – New York, NY
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
_MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES_
The Environmental Team is currently seeking a Senior Underwriter whose primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks through a demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms, and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and Communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
- Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
- Goal Achievement. Delivering upon the established New and Renewal business goals as provided by the Regional Manager.
Growth Strategies. Executing upon the assigned roles per the written regional marketing plans and strategies. This includes: o Key Client & Broker Relations including sales calls & attendant strategies
o Completing Target Account responsibilities & Cross Sell Strategies
Underwriting Integrity. Achieving all underwriting standards as outlined by Chubb Environmental Home office and all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities, and Position Papers. This includes: o Risk Selection
o Pricing & Attachments including Rate Change Goals
o Terms & Conditions
5-7 Years Underwriting Experience
BA/BS in Environmental Science or Engineering preferred
High Level of Product Knowledge including: o Exposure Analysis
o Form & Coverages
o Rating Principles and Mechanics
Negotiation & Presentation Skills
Experience with Broker Relations & Customer Management
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skill
Strong knowledge of regional environmental insurance marketplace
Basic Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
Travel may be required for client meetings/marketing trips within the Region
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates, and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Senior Underwriter, Environmental
Requisition ID: 341411