Combined Insurance Business Development Manager in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for business development in the assigned number of brokers, agents and other distribution partners.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Successful and documented track record of calling on insurance brokers and agents within a predetermined territory/geography
- Generate opportunities to acquire new business through business development activities initiated with assigned brokers & agents
- Build relationships with key partnerships locally and regionally to assist in business development opportunities
- Handle all aspects of training of new and existing producers to include onboarding and joint fieldwork
- Ensure that products/services are competitively positioned in the market
- Manage pipeline of key customers to meet and exceed growth goals and objectives
- Serve as point of contact and relationship manager for all producers in the territory
- Effectively manage daily, weekly and monthly goals and tracking responsibilities
- Work with underwriting to evaluate, price and propose rate and strategy on small to large market voluntary/worksite business
- Manage assigned workload to meet internal productivity and timely service standards
SCOPE INFORMATION: This position reports to the Branch Manager with responsibility for a production budget based upon:
- New Premium development
- Submissions and Quote Ratio
- Bound (Close) Ratio for core products and target producers
- Broker and Agent activation and penetration ratio
- Average productivity for target producers
- Minimum of 5 years Underwriting and/or Broker/Agent sales experience
- College degree or equivalent business experience.
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to deal with customers in a professional manner.
- Authoritative knowledge of Chubb coverage, products, services, and liabilities.
- Ability to self-motivated and self-start.
- Ability to make independent decisions using Chubb best practices for guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and customer service skills.
- Capable of dealing with highly visible and demanding customers.
- Must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Should have high degree of specialized and technical competence in Commercial product portfolio and the understanding of the corporate insurance marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or associated field
Job: *Distribution and Sales
Title: Business Development Manager
Requisition ID: 341257