UnityPoint Health Pharmacy Warehouse Specialist in Urbandale, Iowa
Pharmacy Warehouse Specialist
Full-time + benefits
Assist in the delivery of quality and safe infusion services to patients by performing non-technical tasks. Sort, package, and ship medication, supplies, and equipment. Collaborate with multiple team members to ensure appropriate timing of medication, supplies, and equipment deliveries. Assist with pharmacy receiving, keeping pharmacy and warehouse stocked with supplies needed for infusion services, deliveries, and cleaning.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). o not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Packages, processes and ships pharmacy products per policy
· Delivers packages to patients, hospitals and clinics as needed.
· Receives and stocks pharmacy medication and supplies throughout the day.
· Maintains cold chain shipping containers and ice packs daily.
· Assist with inventory counts monthly.
· Maintains shipping supply inventory and orders shipping supplies as needed.
· Manages PHI privacy bins daily.
· Effectively uses software applications during assigned duties.
· Answers the pharmacy phones and transfers calls appropriately.
· Assists with scheduled pharmacy cleaning as needed.
· Cleans and organizes work areas as needed for efficient operations.
· Cleans and organizes pharmacy pumps and supplies as needed.
· Constructs cold chain shipping containers as needed
· Perform other duties as requested by the pharmacy manager to facilitate smooth and effective operations.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision and Values.
· Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures
· Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
· Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UPAH programs and initiatives.
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School diploma or GED
· Computer software experience
· Collaboration with multiple team members to ensure timely completion of tasks
· Registered as a pharmacy support person with Board of Pharmacy, must obtain prior to start date of hire.
· Valid IA driver’s license
· Current Auto insurance
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to take initiative and exercise non-clinical judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies, and procedures
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2023-132044
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Operations- Infusion- INF
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.00
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:30 to 5p
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org