UnityPoint Health Home Care Pediatrics - LPN or RN in Urbandale, Iowa
$10,000 Sign on bonus if an External hire.
Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
Full Time Benefits
Needs of Care:
Ankeny (multiple needs): 7A-5P
Polk City: 7A-6P
Des Moines: (multiple needs): 7A-5P
Des Moines: 11P-7A
Provide skilled nursing care to pediatric-young adult patients with special health care needs for shifts of time in the patient’s home. Perform prescribed activities directed under the patient’s physician’s care which may include; patient assessments, feedings, respiratory system management, medication administration, activities of daily living, and therapy programs. Assist in care coordination with care team. May be responsible for transportation of patient.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
· Delivers quality patient care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care.
· Communicates with Registered Nurse Case Manager/Clinical Supervisor and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
· Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager/Clinical Supervisor to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
· Maintain accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time entry.
· Monitors the patient care process to evaluate and improve care, collaborating with providers and other health care workers to provide comprehensive health assessment, treatment and follow up evaluation.
· Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Licensed Practical Nurses or Registered Nurse and valid license as Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse.
Strong computer skills.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures
Maintenance of an acceptable driving record (i.e., no “OWI” convictions in last 7 years or no more than 3 moving violations in last 3 years). An unacceptable driving record may result in suspension, termination or transfer to another position not requiring the ability to drive.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
Requisition ID: 2022-116628
Street: 11333 Aurora Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: SN Hours- Ext- DM
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Full Time Days 7 A.M. - 5P.M.
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org