HENRY SCHEIN INC Equipment Service Technician - Des Moines area in Urbandale, Iowa
This position is responsible for providing installation and service of equipment in the practitioner\'s office. Work closely with experienced technicians and supervisor to develop and improve customer service skills, use provided support tools, learn effective troubleshooting techniques, and increase product knowledge. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
- Provides repair and installation services to our customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Provides and maintains the necessary tools of the trade and have readily available to perform installation and repair services.
- Work independently to complete all on site installation, repair maintenance and test tasks.
- Follow proper troubleshooting steps to diagnose errors on technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Comprehends customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations to optimize the customer experience.
- Maintains and manages proper levels of inventory in van.
- Produces timely and detailed service reports.
- Attends all required training, which includes but is not limited to Henry Schein Dental Career Development training and specific manufacturer technical training.
- Complies with all OSHA regulations as outlined in the OSHA manual and training. Maintains and utilizes personal protective equipment when needed.
- Communicates in a timely manner to all Team Members and HUB dispatchers, keeping all informed of progress of assignments.
- Completes all work orders in a timely manner. The work order should be reviewed with the customer or a responsible staff member prior to departure. This review should include the time in the office, work performed, parts replaced, and parts to be ordered. All work orders should be closed daily and submitted for billing.
- Submits all job related paperwork within the required timeframes. This includes but is not limited to FDA Forms, expense reports, and any other required paperwork.
- Complies with all terms of the Fleet Management Policy including maintenance and accident management policies.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
Entry level technical professional; learning on the job. Has learned the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field of study, not yet the formal application of these concepts, practices, and procedures. Resolve the most routine issues.
Work on problems of limited scope and impact with no to limited discretion to vary from established procedures. Perform structured work assignments using existing procedures to solve the most routine problems. Follow standard practices and existing procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Begin building working relationships internally and externally.
Work under close supervision and receive detailed instruction, guidance and direction on all assignments.
Typically, 2 or more years of field service experience with demonstrated proficiency, basic mechanical background and customer service background.
Typically High School education, vocational training and/or on-the-job training. Associates degree or Technical School Certification is preferred.
GENERAL SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Independent self-starter
- Basic computer skills
- Interpersonal / communication skills
- Accuracy and detail-orientation
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, mechanical and electrical systems
To advance to a new job level, TSM must complete the following:
- Level 1 Certifications to be determined by the ROM/ZOM based on business need
- Must begin to cross certify (digital x-ray/software, digital CAD/CAM, etc.)
- Proven ability to administer on time and accurately (work orders, FSRs, Concur, eTime, RMA\'s, 2579 reporting, etc.)
- Ability to present preventative maintenance to customers
- Ability to lead installations
Must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The Equipment Service Technician (EST) position will require the delivery, installation and repair of Equipment involving Henry Schein customers. Technicians will be expected to maneuver large equipment as needed. The physical nature of the position, at times, may require substantial and/or repetitive bending, stopping, lifting and climbing of ladders.
For more information about career opportunities at Henry Schein, please visit our website at: www.henryschein.com/careers
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.