NBC Universal Peacock Data Science Internship – Summer 2022, Universal City, CA in Universal City, California
Job Number 67283BR
Job Title Peacock Data Science Internship – Summer 2022, Universal City, CA
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Campus Programs Interns
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal internships are true learning and growth opportunities that help set students up for an exciting future career in media. We are committed to developing early career talent, and we are focused on helping our interns realize their potential and their dreams.
NBCU interns are a diverse and curious community of innovators and trailblazers. They bring their passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with their desire to learn each day. They contribute to our vast and diverse portfolio of businesses in hands-on ways that matter. We provide a program full of opportunities for professional development, leadership exposure, connection, networking, and fun.
While we continuously monitor COVID-19 and its impact, our plan is to host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2022 interns:
• Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
• Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
• Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Country United States
City Universal City
In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution from a quantitative field from such as Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering. Master’s Degree a plus.
Working knowledge of at least two of the following programming languages: R, Python, Julia, Java, Scala or similar
Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
Additional Job Requirements
If selected for an in-person internship, must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Hands on experience analyzing and mining large datasets in SQL.
• Applied experience with ML, predictive modeling, classification models, and clustering a plus.
• Experience with BI visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, Lookr, or Microstrategy
• Experience with Machine Learning, statistical modeling, predictive modeling, classification models, and clustering a plus.
• Advanced working knowledge of statistics and its applications for inferential data analysis
• Applied experience creating time-series forecasts in R and/or Python (i.e. ARIMA, Exponential Smoothing, etc.).
• Proven ownership abilities. Can deliver results with a sense of accountability and proactivity.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced, high throughput environment. Previous experience in Digital Entertainment, High Tech, or Digital Marketing industries is preferred.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present findings to leadership and peers.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to partner and earn the trust of constituents.
• Strong interest in the media industry
• Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
- NBC Universal Jobs