UnityPoint Health Nursing Assistant/Patient Care Tech - Med/Surg Flex in Sioux City, Iowa
Weekend Package earns time and a half for every hour worked!!
$3,000 Sign on Bonus availalbe!
No CNA experience required-training provided!
The nursing assistant assists in patient care throughout all nursing areas. Duties include assisting patients with their ADL’s, transporting patients in various types of equipment and ambulation, documentation of care and treatments done and observes patients for safety and condition change and reports to appropriate staff.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Delivery of Care
- Assists patients with ADL’s according to hospital procedures, reports all abnormal findings and changes in patient condition to Registered Nurse in charge of patient. Assists with ambulation of patients, and uses assist devices as appropriate to protect patient and staff member.
- Documents vital signs, weights, activity, intake and outputs, and ADL care given to patient in computer.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Must be actively enrolled in high school or an equivalent program.
· High school graduate or equivalent
· Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
· Must attend UPHSL Nursing Assistant training or completion of training in nursing school that covers nursing assistant type duties
· Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of hire.
· Certified Nursing Assistant
· Basic computer knowledge
· Ability to deal efficiently and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
· Knowledge of basic medical terminology is preferred.
· Ability to move and lift patients and use appropriate equipment.
· Ability to communicate effectively and document information accurately.
· Effective interpersonal relationships and communication skills (verbal, non-verbal and written).
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-105390
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Health SC St Lukes
Name: 3A Medical
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekend Package - Days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org