UnityPoint Health Medical Tech Lead-Blood Bank in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint-St Luke's Hospital
The Medical Tech Lead – Blood Bank provides accurate and timely clinical diagnostic information to healthcare professionals in order to ensure high quality patient care and customer service.
$5,000.00 Sign on bonus to Qualified Applicants!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Laboratory Testing / Data Entry / Time Management / Sample Handling
Prioritizes, performs, judges, and reports routine and esoteric procedures within established time guidelines.
Obtains, labels, and delivers specimens in accordance with standards, and policies of available information systems.
- Performs, evaluates, and documents advanced troubleshooting and problem-solving activities; liaisons with clients and nursing personnel, and interprets data for appropriate health professionals.
Technical Expertise / Safe Work Environment / Teamwork / Communication
- Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately. Obtains, labels, and delivers specimens in accordance with standards. Supports, participates in and complies with LEAN work and productivity standards.
Equipment and Inventory Management
- Maintains equipment, inventory, and work area, and documents appropriately
- Instructs, trains, and evaluates students and new employees.
- Documents and maintains quality control (QC), proficiency testing, quality assurance, and other records to meet regulatory requirements.
- This position may be assigned a specific mission to address in an emergency situation to assist in disaster response and recover. Situations of a critical nature may require an individual to perform multiple tasks until additional support can be obtained.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s Degree in Science must be obtained which is sufficient to allow certification under one of the Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certifying Agencies’ examination routes. Must meet Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) requirements to perform highly complex testing. Additionally, any regulatory agency personnel standards, which are applicable to the position, must be met.
Certifying Agencies include but are not limited to the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) Board of Certification (BOC), American Medical Technologist (AMT) Certification, and American Association of Bioanalysts (AAB) Board of Registry (ABOR). As long as these are met, any exam may be taken.
Experience in clinical laboratory disciplines sufficient to allow certification under one of the Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) Certifying Agencies’ examination routes is required.
Technologist/Scientist (MT/MLS) Certification within one (1) year of employment
Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Equipment to be used in this position includes analytical laboratory equipment, laboratory processing equipment, and hospital and laboratory information systems.
Requisition ID: 2022-116094
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Health SC St Lukes
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Day shift
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org