Meridian Clinical Research Medical Assistant for Clinical Research in Sioux City, Iowa
For over 20 years, Meridian has partnered with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to research new drugs, medical devices, and diagnostics to help improve lives. The level of service, quality, and integrity we provide makes Meridian unique, but our reputation is great because of our people. Clinical research is tremendously challenging, yet it is incredibly rewarding. We value our employees for being all in, owning it, their teamwork, and sharing it. If you're searching for a career with purpose, integrity, and opportunity, then we want to hear from you!
Meridian Clinical Research is looking for an energetic individual to coordinate study visits in a busy research office. Must be detail-oriented, able to work independently yet cooperatively with a team, and enjoy interacting with patients. This position requires flexibility especially during high enrolling trials, it is common to work overtime or on a weekend as needed. Meridian Clinical Research is seeking people who want to provide quality, compassionate care to patients while helping research promising new medicines. If you are self-motivated, highly organized, capable of managing multiple projects, apply for this position.
· Oversee clinical trials.
· Independently manage workflows and prioritize numerous tasks.
· Be flexible and anticipate timeframes to accommodate subjects, monitors, and overtime hours during high-enrolling study periods.
Enroll, Retain, Complete Subjects
· Enroll, retain and complete subject in clinical trials.
· Ensure all protocol-required procedures and visits occur according to specified guidelines.
· Manage participant enrollment and ensure compliance with the protocol during participant recruitment, informed consent, participant education, eligibility assessment, participant care, and follow-up per protocol.
EDC Completion and Oversight
· Perform overall data management of studies — collect, enter, and maintain records for clinical study subjects.
· Support accurate and timely data entry in electronic databases.
Manage Trial Communication
· Manage trial communications.
· Collaborate with quality assurance (QA) in the development of source documentation for new studies, assisting in the assessment of toxicities/adverse events and reporting serious adverse events per IRB and sponsor requirements.
Possess excellent interpersonal skills and collaborate with the research team.
At least two years of experience in the medical field.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrate ability to work well independently and with subordinates.
Demonstrate ability to manage frequent deadlines and competing priorities.
Demonstrate critical thinking and analytical skills.
Regular and punctual attendance.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Embrace Meridian’s core values: “All In, Own It, Teamwork, Share It”
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.
Meridian not only strives to move science forward and improve the lives of others, but we focus on improving the lives of our people by offering a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees. Meridian's benefits package includes eligibility for medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401k with company match, seven paid holidays, paid time off, student loan reimbursement program, complimentary life insurance, disability insurance and so much more!