DISMAS CHARITIES Counselor in SIOUX CITY, Iowa
JOIN DISMASand work for one of the nation's largest not-for-profit provider's specializing in community-based adult re-entry programs. Dismas Charities provides quality, cost-effective community-based residential and non-residential supervision and treatment services.ENJOYmeaningful work, indoor work, competitive pay, and benefits. Do work thatPOSITIVELY IMPACTSyour community, assisting individuals to heal so they can once again be productive and responsible citizens.
Responsible for the supervision and continued implementation of the agency's policies and procedures in all areas related to the counseling and treatment programs, and all applicable documentation.
Pay $22.41 with a $500 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!* *Half paid on the second paycheck; half paid after the 3-month anniversary
Schedule: We will discuss this in the interview. *(variable when needed)*
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for complying with all agency policies and applicable procedures.
- Responsible for developing, coordinating, monitoring, evaluating, and documenting individual program planning according to the specific needs of each client, including relevant program goals, referrals, and individual, family, and group counseling strategies.
- Responsible for guiding, monitoring, and documenting relevant aspects of resident movement, behavior, and progress.
- Responsible for timely use of and timely in the FreshStart Client Management System.
- Responsible for timely submission of resident release plans, home confinement plans, and termination letters.
- Responsible for communicating all relevant information to supervisory staff, in regard to the agency, the facility, and the resident.
- Responsible for providing staff duty coverage as scheduled.
- Responsible for attending and participating in all meetings as required.
- Responsible for initiating and maintaining cooperative and effective liaison activities with supervising authorities and other agencies, community groups, and professional associations.
- In the event of a work stoppage, the Counselor will work all hours necessary to staff the center.
- Performs all other work duties as may be assigned.
- The Counselor Position requires a four-year degree in social human services, criminal justice, or behavioral science program from an accredited college or university.
- At a minimum, one year of experience must be working in human services, or community-based services.
- Must have personal computer (PC) work experience using Windows 2000 or XP operating systems.
- Work experience should include Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Word and Excel applications.
- Should understand basic PC concepts (files, file paths, copying and pasting, deleting, and moving files) as well as the operation of common office machinery.
- The candidate must also have good typing, spelling, grammar, organizational, and phone skills.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
https://dismas.applicantpool.com/jobs/1001130-256875.html Equal Opportunity Employer Dismas Charities, Inc. is a federal contractor and provides equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected classification under Federal, State, or Local Law.