UnityPoint Health Computed Tomography Technologist in Sioux City, Iowa
UnityPoint-St Luke's Hospital
Under the direction of the Radiologist; the Computed Tomography (CT) Technologist shall perform a wide variety of CT & CT related special procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative in the utilization of radiation for the diagnosis of disease in patients of all ages. They also provide the technical knowledge, expertise & professional judgement required to support the mission, vision, and values of UnityPoint Health St. Luke’s.
$7,500.00 Sign on bonus!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Communication and Interaction
· Explains procedure to patients (patient communication) and performs patient care activities. Responsible for patient education of CT testing, questions, and concerns.
· Always demonstrates professional conduct displaying FOCUS Values to patients, visitors, peers, and leadership.
· Maintains privacy of the patients, their test results and records.
· Maintains communication with Imaging Administration, staff and physicians in a professional manner. Seeks the advice & direction of the CT Leaders with problems. Implementing a solution at direction/discretion of Leaders.
· Maintains/socking of sufficient supplies in the CT Suite so that patient care is not affected by untimely depletion of critical supplies. Mindful of waste & utilizes supplies wisely.
· Promotes & exhibits a positive public relations image through productive and professional interactions with nurses, physicians, visitors, patients, peers, leaders, and other hospital personnel.
· Facilitates professional & safe learning environment for students and new hires through in-service instruction and clinical supervision. Providing constructive criticism in a private setting.
· Actively participates in Departmental Process Improvement projects; including but not limited to, patient satisfaction scores, Departmental Goals & personal goals.
· Development of technologist role by attending various departmental Meetings & educational opportunities.
· Positively adapts to change; is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities as assigned; adjusts plans to meet changing needs. Portrays positive attitude in others regarding system/departmental changes.
· Ensures & works to improve customer satisfaction, sets realistic customer expectations, solves customer problems, meets commitments to customers, seeks out customer input, responds to internal customers. RL Events Reporting when warranted.
· Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open minded, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Builds strong relationships, is flexible/open minded, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism. Builds strong communication lines with others.
· Works well in groups, helps resolve conflicts, participates in various staff or departmental meetings, works well with other departments, is flexible and open-minded, and focuses on meeting set goals.
Equipment and Regulatory Management
· Utilizes information systems and prepares all documentation necessary to ensure accurate and consistent information work flows.
· Performs care and light maintenance of the CT equipment, imaging equipment and the CT rooms. This includes testing and inspection (quality assurance) of the equipment for accurate usage, performance and can assess equipment problems.
· Maintains knowledge & actively participates in following of current department protocols and equipment.
· Accurately maintains necessary documentation and records to comply with regulatory guidelines established by the Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), FDA, MSQA, and the DNV (Det Norske Veritas) accreditation body
· Responsible for the contributing to the annual inspection process and adherence to all mandated regulations and standards.
Quality and Procedure Management
· Correlates the CT exam with other tests & preparations to best pronounce the disease process.
· Produces high quality imaging procedures with precision, accuracy, and in a timely manner for the Radiologist to interpret. Assists Radiologists, other physicians & peers with procedures.
· Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence. Is responsible for their own actions and actively works to improve in areas that are lacking.
· Proactively identifies problems and communicates these concerns with CT Leaders, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development and continuous learning.
· Practices & monitors radiation protection for patients, employees & oneself during all procedures.
· Disposes of bodily fluids, hazardous materials, and chemicals in an appropriate manner according to OSHA standards and guidelines.
· Adheres to hospital & departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies, procedures & protocols.
· Accountability for completing daily departmental tasks, completing work either in a team or independent setting. Teamwork in all aspects including patient care in other areas if warranted.
· Rotates through call schedules & all areas of CT responsibilities as assigned by the CT Leader.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· Graduation of Radiology program accredited through the American Registry of Radiologic Technology approved by IDPH
· ARRT Advanced Level Certification in CT.
· Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
· American Registry of Radiology Technologist and /or Advanced level Computerized Tomography Certification
· Iowa Department of Public Health Permit to Practice
· Current BCLS certification or obtained within 30 days for new hire.
· Computer Skills relating to various EMR & Radiology Imaging Systems, PACS
· Venipuncture Skills & Experience
· Machines: CT Scanners: Siemens CT Scanners, Medrad Power Injectors, RIS (Radiology Applications), EMR, PACS, Various office equipment (including but not limited to fax, copier, scanner, digitizer, CD Burner), Telephone skills
· Administrative: The CT Technologist shall demonstrate a working knowledge of technical factors and patient body habitus to perform a variety of CT procedures. He/she must maintain knowledge of current department protocols, assist the radiologist in procedures, practice and adhere to radiation protection requirements, utilize RIS/EMR/PACS to process paperwork, assist in training new and student radiographers, perform other assigned duties as requested, practice sterile and isolation techniques resulting in the prevention of cross-contamination and infection. He/she must be able to concentrate on the task at hand and consistently follow procedures, must demonstrate adaptability, flexibility, cooperation, and maintain an attitude of professionalism, strictly adhere to all hospital and departmental safety regulations, guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-111487
Street: 2720 Stone Park Blvd
Name: 7520 UnityPoint Heath SC St Lukes
Name: CT- SLRMC
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days, Weekends
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org