Health First Director of Service Lines - Corporate Strategy in Rockledge, Florida
The Director of Service Lines - Corporate Strategy is responsible for implementing the business plan, driving profitable growth and collaborating with providers in an effort to create a consumer-centric strategy for the Heart & Vascular service line across the network. Other service lines or ad hoc needs may be assigned as well. This position will report directly to the System Vice President, Service Lines.
- Leads the development of the service line strategic plans to ensure the needs of our consumers and the market are met.
- Develops and implements growth plans and strategies in all areas of responsibility to grow market share, increase revenues and operating income consistent with the pre-negotiated goals for the fiscal year.
- Communicates and engages with providers to create consumer-focused strategies that improve access, convenience, delight, and costs.
- Models and promotes corporate values to which all leaders/managers will be held accountable in order to create a corporate culture that demonstrates the value and importance of patient, associate, physician, payor, and customer.
- Provides for a system of accountability, which clearly identifies deviations from plan and assures the monthly/quarterly comparison of performance and/or results against established standards and/or objectives; and ensures corrective actions on deviation from plan so that total results are in line with total objectives.
- Collaborate with operational leaders in the development of strategic plans.
- Collaborates with operational leaders to ensure there is a smooth transition from strategy to operational execution.
- Participates in the development of the system’s strategic plan and short and long-term objectives which will ensure the continued growth of the facilities and the provision of necessary services to the community; implements plans and programs as approved by the System.
- The System Director is accountable for practicing fiscal responsibility by developing and assisting in the development of realistic annual operating and capital budgets, conserving resources, and monitoring expenditures to ensure they remain within budgeted parameters.
- Responsible for supporting leadership in the development of qualified and competent providers, including developing a provider recruitment and succession plan.
- The System Director is accountable for maintaining harmonious interactions between departmental team members and their customers, including patients, family members, visitors, physicians, clergy, other system employees, and the general public.
- The System Director is accountable for maintaining technical expertise and for development of leadership skills through ongoing education.
- The System Director is expected to act in a consultant role. The System Director must be self-motivated and serve as a strong team leader and coach.Respects in word and action, everyone within the workplace at all times. Respects in word and action, everyone within the workplace at all times.
- The System Director will lead in a way to promote strategic thinking and to drive problem solving by empowering a healthy workplace consistent with established standards engages team members effectively at no less than the 75thpercentile of the Gallup data base and incrementally increases their engagement over time.
- The System Director will promote empowerment of team members through supporting them to assume responsibility and accountability within their scope of practice, and through facilitating self-directed work groups.
- Builds on the foundation of the Positive Workplace Initiative to create increasing levels of manager and associate engagement leading to higher productivity, profitability and customer service, as well as lower turnover and workplace injuries.
- Recommends to the System Vice President, Service Lines the growth & development opportunities for expansion/growth within their assigned Service Lines.
- Establish overall service line strategy for all settings including, but not limited to, facilitation of business planning, programmatic development, capital investment and re-investment planning and system configuration.
- Engage national service line leaders, managed care and supply chain to plan for emerging trends in terms of clinical protocols, technology, reimbursement, medical management and supply utilization.
- Presents regular reports to the System Vice President, Service Lines and makes recommendations on matters requiring attention.
- Maintains excellent relations with all external communities in which Health First is involved.
- Assists System Vice President, Service Lines in planning for and directing any industry and regulatory informational, monitoring and interventional programs promoting Health First goals, ideals, and needs.
- Represents Health First as appropriate in its relationships with major customers, suppliers, competitors, government agencies, professional societies, and similar groups.
- In conjunction with System Vice President, Service Lines, through a participative/inclusive process, strategic goals and objectives designed to focus corporate energy and resources on the priorities that add the greatest contributions to patient safety, quality services, and cost effectiveness of service, customer satisfaction, future financial viability, revenue growth and income growth.
- Assists System Vice President, Service Lines in directing the primary energy and resources of the organization to raise the health status of the communities served consistent with the clinical benchmarks documenting the accomplishment of incremental targets.
- Assures the strategic planning and business alignment process is in place that produces acceptable strategic and operational plans and budgets for the surgical services and service lines of Health First, Inc.
- Analyze operating results of Health First’s service lines and service line initiatives relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions.
- Develops systems and processes for clinical services within their assigned service lines. Achieves all relevant service line goals with respect to growth/volume, quality, physician engagement, costs and operating net.
- Achieves goals with respect to aligned physician volume growth.
- Achieves goals with regard to programmatic development.
- Achieves goals regarding marketing and branding.
- Masters degree in Health Care Administration or Business Administration preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum of (3) three years experience of strategic leadership with demonstrated success and expertise in developing projects from planning to implementation.
- Complex organization experience strongly preferred.
- Matrix health system experience preferred.
Job: *Corporate Services
Organization: *Health First, Incorporated
Title: Director of Service Lines - Corporate Strategy
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Rockledge
Requisition ID: 055984