NBC Universal Data Engineering Internships – Summer 2022, Remote in Remote, United States
Job Number 67290BR
Job Title Data Engineering Internships – Summer 2022, Remote
Business Segment Staff
Sub-Business Campus Programs Interns
Posting Category Internships
About Us NBCUniversal internships are true learning and growth opportunities that help set students up for an exciting future career in media. We are committed to developing early career talent, and we are focused on helping our interns realize their potential and their dreams.
NBCU interns are a diverse and curious community of innovators and trailblazers. They bring their passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with their desire to learn each day. They contribute to our vast and diverse portfolio of businesses in hands-on ways that matter. We provide a program full of opportunities for professional development, leadership exposure, connection, networking, and fun.
While we continuously monitor COVID-19 and its impact, our plan is to host summer internships in both a virtual and in-person format. Opportunities listed will either be in-person (requiring an intern to work from an NBCU office location 3-5 days per week) based on the location mentioned or virtual, depending on business needs.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2022 interns:
• Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
• Robust networking, learning and development opportunities for all interns, whether in-person or virtual.
• Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
Country United States
• Current Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD student at an Accredited Institution in Computer Science, Data Engineering, ML Engineering, or other relevant fields. Must be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal
Additional Job Requirements
Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
• Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
• Working knowledge of Distributed Computing environment
• Experience with Machine Learning and/or statistical modelling
• Experience working in cloud computing environments, such as GCP and AWS, designing solution architecture
• Experience with Docker or other container systems
• Experience with Git or other version control solutions
• Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
• Familiarity with data visualization techniques (knowledge of BI tools a plus: Tableau, Domo, etc.)
• Strong interest in the media industry
• Commitment to building an inclusive work environment
• Strong interpersonal skills; must be able to work effectively as part of a project team and foster team cooperation
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodations as required by applicable federal, state, and/or local laws.
- NBC Universal Jobs