Trinity Health Pediatric Clinic Supervisor in PLEASANT HILL, Iowa
· Monitors clinic specific compliance with MercyOne Des Moines Medical Center/Iowa Heart Center Policies implementing plans as needed
· Promotes personal growth/development and understanding among staff members in specific areas.
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of management /supervisory responsibilities as identified.
· Promotes team concept among all staff. Ensures problems, possible solutions and final solutions are understood and accepted by assigned staff members.
· Presents problems in a professional manner and helps coordinate solutions inter-departmentally. Creatively seeks solutions to existing problems as well as potential problems. Creatively implements solutions to problems.
· Trains and monitors staff to ensure that protocols in specific areas comply with federal/state regulatory agencies as applicable.
· Monitors and maintains licensure certification requirements for assigned staff are met.
· Creatively seeks new ideas to stay within budget guidelines while constantly improving the quality of health care delivered.
· Ensures charging/ reimbursement changes are integrated into every level of operations by coordinating with the team.
· Schedules and supervises specific personnel.
· Participates with Director/Manager in pre-employment interviews and makes recommendations regarding hiring. May also be responsible for hiring all positions in area of responsibility, which necessitates knowledge of interviewing techniques and a good working relationship with Human Resources.
· Assists with directing, motivating, and evaluating the activities of specific personnel. May also be responsible for directly evaluating and disciplining staff members.
· Works with management and medical staff to evaluate, monitor and enforce specific protocols, procedures and objectives.
· Reviews and makes recommendations to Director/Manager on possible revisions to the policies
· Assists with Director/Manager in the development of the budget. Monitors actual utilization of staff and supplies in assigned areas with the budget and makes appropriate adjustments to meet the budget.
· Demonstrates functional knowledge of essential functions for the job classes that are directly supervised.
· Acts as a Time Keeper.
· Assists Director/Manager with employee human resource activities
· Responsible for day-to-day operations in the absence of the Director/Manager that may cover more than supervised area.
· Work includes cross coverage in other clinic areas as team needs.
· Maintains supply inventory and stocks supplies in various work areas.
· Participates in Performance Improvement activities as appropriate.
· Maintains orderly, neat appearance of work area.
· Misc. office duties (i.e. copying, filing, retrieval of electronic medical records).
· Assists in a variety of functions to facilitate effective and efficient flow of services throughout the practice (i.e. reception, accounting, lab, and nursing).
· Responsible for marginal functions of job description in which supervisor is assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Registered Nurse and/or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
· Three years of medical experience required, one year required in a leadership position
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained by the end of the orientation period (approximately six (6) weeks).
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter Dependent Adult Abuse training within three (3) months of hire.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is one of the largest not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare systems in the nation. Built on the foundation of our Mission and Core Values, we integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Our colleagues have different lived experiences, customs, abilities, and talents. Together, we become our best selves. A diverse and inclusive workforce provides the most accessible and equitable care for those we serve. Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
EOE including disability/veteran
- Trinity Health Jobs