MITCHELL COUNTY REGIONAL HEALTH CT New Certified Surgical Technologist 1214 in Osage, Iowa
About The Job:
The surgical technologist provides care within the Mitchell County Regional Health Center according to AORN Standards of Care and Practice and is responsible for preparation of proper instruments for surgical procedures. The surgical tech is also responsible for decontamination, sterilization, and distribution of supplies and equipment to multiple patient care areas.
The Shift:Monday-Friday 0.9 FTE (36 hours per week)
Wage:Starts at $19.05 increases
What We Need from You:
- Assists the circulator in assessing patients and identifying physical, psychological, social, spiritual, environmental, and education needs.
- Assists the circulator, as directed, in implementing a devaluating the plan of care and discharge plans based on nursing principles and practices.
- Provides care to all surgical patients in accordance with the operating room's performance standards, physician preference cards, and the AORN Standards of Care and Practice.
- Sets up the room, confirms correctness of the surgical site, instruments the case, manages the sterile field and specimens, turns the room around under the supervision of the circulating nurse.
Graduate of an accredited school of surgical technologists.NBSTSA certification preferred, but not required.
Previous surgical tech experience required.
Special Skills and Aptitudes:
Demonstrates self-confidence, initiative, and high level of concentration.
What We Give:
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive starting wage
- Student Loan Assistance program available
- Health, Dental and Life Insurance
- State of Iowa Pension Plan (IPERS)
- Flex Spending Accounts
- Free use of on-site gym
- Cafeteria Discounts
- Optometry and Orthotic Discounts
- Professional Development Opportunities
Who We Are:
Mitchell County Regional Health Center is in Osage, Iowa located in Mitchell County, which has a population of 10,600 people. MCRHC is a 25-bed critical access hospital, including a Level 4 Trauma Center Emergency Room seeing 3,200 visits annually. The Surgical Services department performs over 1,300 procedures annually, including specialties General Surgery, Orthopedics, ENT, Urology, Ophthalmology, Pain management, and Podiatry.
Come practice in a family-orientated, patient focused organization where your skills and knowledge are appreciated and valued!
The Legal Items:
Post offer drug screen is required.
Background Check-Post Offer Acceptance
Pre-Employment Screening Post offer acceptance
MCRHC is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.