JBS USA Swine Production Nutritionist in Oakville, Iowa
Position Title: Swine Nutritionist
Job Status: Salaried
Direct Reports: Nutrition Lab Personnel (and other Personnel, based on experience)
Rep orts Directly to: Director of Nutritional Services
Nature of Position: Nutritional Services
The Swine Nutritionist will collaborate directly with the Director of Nutritional Services to implement swine feed formulations that optimize both the economic and biological performance of pigs raised within the JBS Live Pork Production system. This individual will partner with feed mills and production team members to enhance nutritional performance, as well as educate and train producers and staff on practical nutrition practices. The Swine Nutritionist will continually update their expertise in advanced nutritional practices, striving to make JBS Live Pork’s Nutrition Program the best in its class.
(Order of essential functions does not indicate importance of function)
· Engage in daily least-cost formulation, audit and implement feed budgets, and collaborate with internal and external mills to address feed manufacturing challenges.
· Assist in the creation of annual feed cost budgets, devise innovative feeding strategies, and conduct research on new feeding requirements.
· Establish Applied Nutritional Standard Operating Procedures and implement them in the field through farm visits and other educational methods.
· Supervise the Feed Ingredient Analysis Lab to ensure quality processes, data capture, and data implementation.
· Support and manage toll mill relations, including pricing, technical issue resolution, auditing, and site allocation.
· Support the Research Manager by assisting with data capture, research diet formulation, analysis, and final reports.
· Assist in troubleshooting and educating producers on feed-related issues.
· Collaborate with the feed desk and other feed execution personnel on nutritional applications and allocations.
· Cultivate a strong relationship with the merchandising team to assist with ingredient forecasting and product value estimations.
· Expected travel is 25-30% depending on location with up to half of the travel including overnight stays.
· Passionate : Committed to fostering a positive work environment and company culture and dedicated to producing valuable results. Capable of inspiring both individuals and groups through the implementation of nutritional knowledge.
· Trust : Establishes a relationship of trust with the production team and feed mills that are supported by this role.
· Driven : Demonstrates a relentless pursuit of excellence and a strong level of determination in the face of adversity. Possesses problem-solving abilities.
· Communication : Ensures high-level execution through timely and consistent communication. Exhibits strong verbal, written, and analytical skills. Capable of receiving feedback, taking direction, and identifying personal opportunities in a positive manner.
· Planning and Organizing : Capable of organizing or scheduling multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Independent : Self-motivated and goal-oriented, with the ability to prioritize tasks without intense oversight.
· Networking : Maintains a strong industry network both inside and outside of the company.
· M.S. or Ph.D. in Swine Nutrition
· 5-10 years of experience in Swine Nutrition with preference for that experience to be applied within a production system
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Proficient knowledge of Least Cost Formulation Software(s)
· Experience in statistical analysis and data interpretation
· Working knowledge in research trial design, implementation, and data collection.
· Ability to travel up to 30% of time including approximately half being overnight.
· Indoor and outdoor work settings, depending on the tasks being completed.
· Extensive time spent at workstation.
· Extensive time spent in feed mills and swine production of varying climates and conditions.
· Exposure to high and low outdoor temperatures at animal housing facilities and feed mills that can be dusty and loud.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits :
Benefits : Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
Paid Time Off : sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
401(k): company match begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule.
Better Futures Program – Online Classes or select 2 Year Community College tuition paid for you or your dependents!
Supervisor Development Program: Opportunity to grow your career through leadership training.
The company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control ACT requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work
- JBS USA Jobs