UnityPoint Health CMA/LPN, EMT or Paramedic - Marshalltown Express in Marshalltown, Iowa
CMA, Nurse, EMT or Paramedic can fill this role
Starting pay $18.73+ (years of experience considered)
$3,000 Sign on bonus
Express Clinic - Marshalltown
Full-time: Monday-Friday, Three 12 hour shifts (8am-8pm) with every third weekend
Why UnityPoint Health?
· Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
· Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
· Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
The Clinical Care Attendant is responsible for assisting the Physician, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant (collectively “Provider”) with front office and back office duties in the outpatient management of patients on a rotating basis. This position is a vital part of the office team that cares for patients in the clinic setting working under the direction of a Provider and working closely with the Provider, other clinical staff, and direct patient care.
Perform and/or assist clinical procedures consistent with training and licensure under supervision of Provider in exam suite. Greet and welcome patients immediately upon arrival to the clinic. Escort back to exam suite. Complete patient registration and associated paperwork or assist in on-line registration as needed, based on patient need, ability and desire. Escort and check out upon completion of visit and assist patient with completion of patient satisfaction survey if needed at the time of check out.
Obtain patients review of systems and history, measure vital signs, including but not limited to weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and complete all necessary documentation in patient’s chart and consistent with clinical protocol.
Offer patient convenience items (water, coffee, tea, warm blankets, etc.), to ensure patient is comfortable in exam suite and/or lobby.
Follow symptom initiated protocols in place for clinic operation. Perform labs as ordered/instructed either by protocols or provider direction.
Review after visit summary and provide instructions to patient as instructed by Provider.
Take, relay, and process messages from patient, Provider, pharmacy consistent with training and licensure.
Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants, EMT, Paramedic or LPN.
Required Certification or Licensure in the state of Iowa:
Current CMA certification for Certified Medical Assistant from AAMA, NCCT, AMT or NHA or
EMT certification or
Current Iowa or Illinois LPN license or
Current Paramedic Certification and/or License
BLS and Mandatory Reporter
Knowledge of medical terminology.
Knowledge of health system EMR.
Requires clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to plan and evaluate patient care.
Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
Creative thinking; analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities; self-direction, theoretical implementation, and evaluation.
Strong interpersonal skills including exceptional customer service and phone etiquette.
Requisition ID: 2022-117286
Street: 55 UnityPoint Way
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Retail- Express Marshalltown
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday, (3) 12 hour shifts with every 3rd weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org