The University of Iowa PRN Senior Music Therapist in Iowa City, Iowa
[ PRN Senior Music Therapist
Posting ID 135973
Department Rehab Therapy/UIHC
Jobcode Senior Activity Therapist
Working Title PRN Senior Music Therapist
PRN Senior Music Therapist
$21.22 to commensurate with experience
Percent of Time:
Type of Position:
A staff member may serve in temporary status in a continuous appointment for no more than one year to meet an emergency or temporary need of the University. Employees in this classification will not be eligible for University Benefits.
- Provides quality patient care including evaluation, treatment planning and documentation appropriate for patient condition and age.
- Provides individual and group music therapy services to hospitalized behavioral health child, adolescent and adult patients.
- Provides individual music therapy services to patients and families as part of the adult palliative care service.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining an interdisciplinary team focus.
- Provide patient coverage in additional clinical areas as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in a field related to the practice of Music Therapy isrequired.
- Reasonable (1-3 years) experience as a Music Therapist in an acute care hospital setting with a high degree of understanding and skill in one or more areas of assigned responsibility.
- Demonstrated clinical education abilities and leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Current certification with the Certification Board for Music Therapists (CBMT) as a Music Therapist-Board Certified (MT-BC)
- Experience facilitating goal oriented music therapy interventions.
- Experience with music therapy evaluation, treatment planning and documentation
- Demonstrated prioritization in patient care and effective time management
- Ability to function as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with basic counseling skills, behavioral management, grief and loss, actively dying, anxiety, depression or pain
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to Carol Seaman at span>email@example.com
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
For questions or additional information please contact:
Carol Seaman, UIHC-Rehab Therapies,
Administrative Services Specialist
CAROL SEAMAN Phone: 319-384-8252 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions Please email Resume and Cover Letter to Carol Seaman at email@example.com
Ad Start Date 08/03/2023
Ad End Date 08/02/2024 The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment or in its educational programs and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.