The University of Iowa Hourly Senior Physical Therapist - Center for Disabilities and Development in Iowa City, Iowa
[ Hourly Senior Physical Therapist - Center for Disabilities and Development
Posting ID 137302
Department Physical Therapy/Center for Disabilities and Development
Jobcode Senior Physical Therapist
Working Title Hourly Senior Physical Therapist - Center for Disabilities and Development
Provide formal examination and evaluations, with the interpretation of findings and administer or recommend appropriate treatments for pediatric and adult patients with complex developmental/childhood-onset conditions or injuries.
- Provide quality patient care, evaluation, assessment, and treatment appropriate for patients with complex or specialized needs. The primary area of responsibility is outpatient physical therapy for pediatric patients served through the Center for Disabilities and Development.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other providers and families as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in the development of innovative clinical teaching activities to meet the learning needs of staff and students.
- Perform routine and assigned administrative tasks in an efficient manner and demonstrate innovative problem-solving approaches.
- Lead and/or participate in department quality/process improvement activities and recommend opportunities for improvement in service quality.
Provide departmental leadership by:
- Collaborating on special projects and assisting management as necessary.
- Participating in clinical research when assigned.
- Maintaining a high level of clinical productivity.
- Providing educational experiences to staff and students.
- Serving as a clinical resource.
- Demonstrating the ability to set and accomplish divisional/departmental goals.
- Identify opportunities, monitor, and participate in quality/process improvement activities and recommend corrective actions for effectiveness.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Perform special projects and tasks as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in Physical Therapy or a Bachelor's degree in another field and a Physical Therapy Certificate.
- Licensure in accordance with the Iowa Board of Physical and Occupational Therapy Examiners by the time of hire.
- Reasonable (1-3 years) experience in physical therapy with a high degree of understanding and skill in pediatrics, including demonstrated clinical education abilities and leadership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a work or academic setting.
- 3 + years of experience in physical therapy with an advanced understanding and skill in providing pediatric physical therapy.
- A Master's or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy or a Master's degree in another field and a Physical Therapy Certificate.
- Reasonable (1-3 years) of experience in the evaluation and treatment of pediatric patients with developmental disabilities and diseases of childhood.
- Experience with mobility assessment including wheelchair seating and equipment and assistive devices.
- Ability to function as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to practice in an autonomous manner.
- Demonstrated efficiency in the provision of patient care.
- Demonstrated effort to enhance own knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Demonstrated experience in program/service development or quality improvement projects.
MICHAEL LYNCH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Instructions Please send your resume to email@example.com
Ad Start Date 10/09/2023
Ad End Date 04/08/2024 The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment or in its educational programs and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disab lity, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.