The University of Iowa Behavioral Health Consultant PRN (Downtown) in Iowa City, Iowa
[ Behavioral Health Consultant PRN (Downtown)
Posting ID 139572
Department Nursing Service/UIHC
Jobcode Behavioral Health Consultant
Working Title Behavioral Health Consultant PRN (Downtown)
This position will assist University of Iowa Health Care Medical Center Downtown location. This islocated at 500 E. Market Street, Iowa City, IA. This is a 194-bed hospital that became part of Iowa's only comprehensive academic health system on Jan. 31, 2024.
Job Duties/Performance Expectations
- Assists patients and families with the development of Advance Directives.
- Attends and actively participates in departmental activities and required hospital meetings and training.
- Cooperates with the health care team in assisting patients to make personal adjustments regarding their illness.
- Documents all patient care activity in the patient's medical record.
- Participates in hospital sponsored support groups.
- Participates in patient care conferences.
- Provides emotional support to patients, patient's families and staff through regular visits, prayer, comfort and consolation, pastoral counseling and worship.
- Researches and writes articlesas assigned.
- Takes on-call as assigned.
- Visits newly admitted patientsand initiates or recommends programs and services to meet these needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Education or related field is required
- Three or more years of experience, equivalent to full time employment, working directly with individuals with challenging behaviors such as verbal and physical aggression, property destruction, or self-harm.
- Excellent verbal communication skills; including demonstrated positive interpersonal skills and experience leading and/or participating as a member of work teams and groups.
- Proficiency in computer software applications, including demonstrated experience using email, spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Demonstrated experience promoting a diverse workforce/academic environment
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis and treatment with individuals with developmental disabilities and/or challenging behavior desired.
- Experience with counseling such as Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Experience working with Adult psychiatry patients
- Experience with CPI (Crisis Prevention) or MOAB (Management of Aggressive Behavior) training
- Knowledge of University policies, procedures and regulations is desired.
n addition to the duties and responsibilities noted above, the position description must include statements from
UI Health Care Core Values (ICARE)
for Health Care positions or
for all other positions.
Allpositions must include a statement from the
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
MEGAN BIGELOW Email: Megan-Bigelow@uiowa.edu
Application Instructions Please send your resume and cover letter to Megan-Bigelow@uiowa.edu with the working job title in the subject line.
Ad Start Date 01/31/2024
Ad End Date 04/24/2024 The University of Iowa prohibits discrimination in employment or in its educational programs and activities on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preference. The University also affirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities and equal access to University facilities. Women nd Minorities are encouraged to apply for all employment vacancies.