UnityPoint Health Certified Medical Assistant - Hiawatha Northridge Family Medicine in Hiawatha, Iowa
Certified Medical Assistant or LPN Clinic Nurse
Northridge Family Medicine Clinic - Hiawatha
Full-time: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm (half day off each week)
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Perks of working in a clinic:
Monday-Friday schedules with work/life balance!
Care for a diverse patient population & serve your whole community!
Work in a team environment with providers and medical staff!
Why UnityPoint Health?
· Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
· Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
· Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
· Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Questions? Contact Sara.Quillin@unitypoint.org
Assist provider and other clinical staff with obtaining basic vital information preparing patient for examination, treatment and minor surgical procedures.
Responsible for tracking system for follow-up appointments related to office visits, laboratory tests and procedures to regularly follow patients monitoring disease status.
Schedule referrals for patients with specialist or outpatient as requested by the provider. Complete appropriate forms or requisitions needed for referrals or lab testing, including appropriate CPT/ICD-9 coding.
Answer questions and provide teaching to patients and family members.
Facilitate and support relationships between providers (e.g. within clinic, referring) and with ancillary services.
Thoroughly understand anatomical impact (phases/stages, thresholds) for clinic specialty services including co-morbidities and influences impacting patient care and treatment.
Graduate of an accredited program for Medical Assistants or Graduate of an accredited program for Licensed Practical Nurses.
Current CMA certification through one of the of the following credentialing body; AAMA, AMT, NCCT or NMA.
Current license to practice nursing in the State of Iowa/Illinois for Licensed Practical Nurse.
Previous clinical experience in a medical office preferred.
BLS and Mandatory Reporter certification.
Computer data entry experience.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Requisition ID: 2023-138147
Street: 400 S Blairsferry Xing
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Fam Med- Northridge- CR
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday - Friday, Daytime
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org