UnityPoint Health Physical Therapist-Licensed-Grundy in Grundy Center, Iowa
Grundy County Memorial Hospital- UnityPoint Health
Full-time; Days M-F with rotating Saturday
Sign-On Bonus: $15,000 paid over three years
Here’s your opportunity to join a high performing team. Grundy County Memorial Hospital is a consistent top performer in patient experience, recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Critical Access Hospitals, and is accredited for meeting the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care. Come see why our employees have placed us among Iowa’s Top 150 Workplaces for the past seven years, and a Cedar Valley Employer of Choice!
As an affiliate of UnityPoint Health, GCMH offers competitive pay and benefits, including the new Total Rewards program!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
Description of Position:
The physical therapist is responsible for providing physical therapy evaluation and treatment to inpatients and/or outpatients. The physical therapist is responsible for implementing and improving physical therapy services and providing appropriate documentation and billing for such services.
· Evaluates and treats patients in need of physical therapy services and participates in and provides all necessary components of this responsibility including completion of proper evaluation, creation of a treatment plan, and completion of treatment sessions per established treatment plans.
· Produces appropriate documentation and billing in compliance with all third party payor and regulatory guidelines
· Provides oversite and supervision of physical therapist assistants and other support personnel.
· Completes appropriate communication with all patients, caregivers, fellow staff, and referring providers/clinicians.
· Coordinates with other staff and caregivers to provide optimal care to patient including care coordination, patient care conferences, and scheduling.
Quality of Care
· Assists and advises supervisory personnel, management, and administration in development and implementation of quality physical therapy services, programs, policies, and procedures.
· Attends regular staff meetings and educational sessions as required.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Preferred or Specialized
Graduate of accredited educational program in physical therapy
Masters or Doctoral degree preferred
1-2 years experience preferred but not required.
Current license, in good standing, to practice physical therapy in the state of Iowa, or eligible.
-Read, write, comprehend, and speak fluent English
-Possess basic computer skills and knowledge.
Specialized knowledge, skills, experience, or abilities dependent upon specific practice area/location
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-121047
Street: 201 East J Ave
Name: 2620 Grundy County Hospital
Posting Minimum: USD $35.93/Hr.
Name: Physical Therapy
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Full-time; Days M-F with Rotating Saturday
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org