UnityPoint Health Unit Clerk-Radiology in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Radiology Unit Clerk
FTE: .8 (Full-time, 32 hours per week)
Shifts: 6:30am-2:00pm, 9:00am-4:30pm
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
• Greet patients and families in cheerful and welcoming manner.
• Display friendly, courteous behavior to patients, visitors, and other hospital personnel.
• Monitors scheduled patients to insure correct/signed physician order, insurance pre-authorization, medical necessity and Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN)’s.
• Check for current medication list for all patients
• Inform patients of exam status, including any delays
• Answer patient questions or concerns or direct patient to correct staff who can provide accurate information.
• Assist patients in completing exam worksheets, consents, ABNs.
Exam Order Processing
• Check for appropriate history/symptoms and ICD codes.
• Verify patient exam history.
• Verify need for ABN and prepare form.
• Compile questionnaires and consents to patient paperwork.
• Check and print insurance pre-authorization forms.
• Order patient exam in electronic medical record (EMR).Notify technologist of patient arrival.
• Process ABN after patient has signed.
Proficient use of multiple computer software applications.
• PACS Scanner
• PACS Cube
• Answer all incoming phone calls in friendly and enthusiastic voice.
• Screen and direct phone calls to proper location.
• Take phone messages accurately and responsibly.
• Page appropriate staff.
• Process modality schedules and paperwork for following day.
• Sort and file processed exam requests.
• Sort and process patient exam paperwork.
• Send completed paperwork to Health Information Management (H.I.M.)
• Track all incoming and outgoing films and CDs.
• File and maintain all requests for images.
• Order and maintain necessary supplies according to department needs.
• Operates department paging system and/or cell phone.
• Communicates with other members of the healthcare team to coordinate other patient services.
• Demonstrates positive customer relationships.
• Adheres to hospital and department dress code.
• Performs duties following unit and hospital standards.
• Performs duties necessary to allow for efficient patient processing.
High school graduate or equivalent
Medical clerical experience with medical terminology preferred
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Demonstrates effective written and oral communication skills.
Organizational and time management skills.
General clerical skills.
Basic computer skills.
Requisition ID: 2023-126586
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Radiology Administration
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org