UnityPoint Health Neurodiagnostic Technician (EEG Tech) in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Neurdiagnostic Technician (EEG Technician)
UnityPoint Health- Fort Dodge
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Evaluates patients’ and significant others’ educational needs and initiates and implements appropriate teaching or makes appropriate referrals.
· Documents patient data thoroughly and accurately.
· Communicates with other members of the healthcare team in order to ensure continuity of care and coordination of services.
· Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of the unit and maintaining an awareness of resource utilization.
· Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, quality improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/unit committees and other related activities.
· Demonstrates positive customer relations skills.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Adheres to all unit and hospital policies and procedures.
· Maintains supplies according to unit needs.
· Maintains orderly storage of supplies.
· Performs duties following unit standards.
· Adheres to established work schedule.
Diploma or degree in college level science field of polysomnography, electroneurodiagnostics or completion of degree and licensure in health care.
Six months experience in Sleep Disorders Center preferred.
Registered Electroneurodiagnostic Technician or Registered Polysomnography Technician or registry eligible. Registration as Polysomnography Technician must be obtained within first year of employment. Must become Iowa licensed in Polysomnographic Technology under the regulations set forth in Iowa House File 203 BLS required.
Ability to exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal relationships, adapt to change in a positive manner and think creatively. Possesses integrity, initiative and flexibility. Completion of Hospital and departmental orientation with related competencies completed. Ability to organize work. Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide neurodiagnostic care to infant, pediatric, young/middle/mature adult patients and sleep disorder testing procedures to adolescent, young/middle/mature adult patients.
Electronic and mechanical patient care equipment in assigned areas. Office Equipment Paper Supplies Unit and Patient Care Supplies Hospital and PC Computer Systems PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Gloves. Goggles, Protective gowns and masks as needed.
Requisition ID: 2023-128969
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Sleep Center
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org