Valero Manager Health, Safety Environmental - Ethanol Plant in FORT DODGE, Iowa
Responsible for managing all aspects of environmental, health and safety, and regulatory compliance.
- Participates in objective setting, plan development and performance review of plant performance.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations and permits under OSHA (including PSM), EPA, DENR, TTB, FRA and any other non-financial regulating body.
- Owns overall management system structure for compliance assurance and integrates all compliance tools into plant operations.
- Ensures all plant modifications receive appropriate permitting approval in timely manner to support construction schedule and all plant/system changes are managed through plant Management of Change (MOC) procedure.
- Maintains positive, proactive relationships with all regulatory contacts creating easy communication flow and positive view of plant by regulators.
- Ensures systems are in place to provide complete compliance with all regulations.
- Ensures training systems provide proper platform to promote ever increasing standards for safe work execution.
- Works with plant leadership team to implement changes that increase performance in all EH&S areas.
- Ensures all required compliance audits are performed, gaps are communicated and deficiency plans are developed and implemented.
- Develops leading and lagging measures that clearly articulate plant performance.
- Writes monthly reports on accomplishments, gaps and improvement plan progress.
- Develops and implements succession plan for future plants and projects.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in Engineering, Safety or Environmental Sciences required. * A minimum of ten years of overall work experience in an operating industrial facility required. * A minimum of five years of experience in a Health, Safety, or Environmental role working in an industrial facility subject to OSHA 1910 and applicable EPA regulations or comparable experience required. * Experience with state pollution control standards preferred.
Valero’s pre-employment process includes successful completion of a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
About Valero Renewables – Fort Dodge
Valero's Fort Dodge ethanol plant is located near Fort Dodge, Iowa, just less than 100 miles northwest of Des Moines. The bio-refinery sits on 270 acres and started ethanol production in September 2005. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Fort Dodge plant annually processes approximately 49 million bushels of corn into approximately 140 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 368,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 65 employees.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Job: Health, Safety, %26 Environmental: Professionals %26 Engineers
Primary Location: US-IA-Fort Dodge
Job Posting: Oct 20, 2022, 9:16:50 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 22001OO
- Valero Jobs