UnityPoint Health Cardiovascular Technician in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health- Fort Dodge
FTE: .9 (full-time, 36 hours per week)
Shifts: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm; every other week call
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Assumes responsibility for performing noninvasive cardiac diagnostic testing procedures and other assigned patient care tasks for infant, pediatric, young/middle/mature adult patients.
· Utilizes Tracemaster Vue EKG Management System.
· Assumes responsibility for performing clerical duties for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab.
· Orders supplies for Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehab as required.
· Evaluates patients’ and significant others’ educational needs and initiates and implements appropriate teaching or makes appropriate referrals.
· Documents patient data thoroughly and accurately.
· Functions as a team player. Balances team and individual responsibilities, objective and open to other’s views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team goals, put success of team above own interests. Performs tasks needed in order to assist the team, and provides exceptional patient care. Participates in unit operations demonstrating professional behaviors to include supporting goals of the unit and maintaining an awareness of resource utilization.
· Participates in non-direct patient care activities including educational activities, performance improvement activities, standards development and review, hospital/unit committees and other related activities.
· Demonstrates positive customer relation skills.
· Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
· Provides coverage on a rotational basis with other cardiac diagnostic technicians assigned to the area for EKG processing.
· Adheres to all hospital and department policies.
· Maintains orderly storage of supplies.
· Performs duties following unit and nursing standards.
· Adheres to established work schedule.
· Participates in orientation of unit and other hospital department orientation as requested.
Minimum Requirements Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position. Preferred or Specialized Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Diploma or degree in college-level science-related field or medical assistant training is preferred. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) preferred.
Previous hospital or clinical experience required. On-the-job experience in cardiac diagnostic testing.
Basic Life Support Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Ability to exercise good judgment, maintain good interpersonal Relationships, adapt to change in a positive manner and think creatively. Possesses integrity, initiative and flexibility. Completion of hospital and departmental orientation with related
competencies completed. Ability to organize work. Requires knowledge of basic medical terminology. Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to infant, pediatric, young/middle/mature adult patients.
EQUIPMENT/SUPPLIES USED: Electronic and mechanical patient care equipment in assigned area, office equipment, paper supplies, unit and patient care supplies, hospital computer system PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: gloves, goggles, protective gowns and masks.
Requisition ID: 2022-111501
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7020 UnityPoint Health Trinity Regional Medical Ctr
Name: Cath Lab
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.9
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm; every other week call
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org