UnityPoint Health Supervisor Food and Nutrition-Main Kitchen-Lutheran in Des Moines, Iowa
Directs, coordinates and supervises employees in food and nutrition. Ensures that all foodservice procedures are being followed properly. Oversees the proper handling, preparation and storage of food, assembly, delivery, dishwashing, sanitation and cashiering procedures. Directs and supervises the diet clerks to assure patient information is complete and accurate and that meals are delivered safely, promptly and are compliant with the patient’s diet. Effectively communicates with other departments. Successful administration of these duties will ensure that all appropriate policies/procedures are being followed in order to serve palatable, nutritious, attractive, and safe food to all our patients, visitors and staff while maintaining a high level of professionalism in relation to the FOCUS Values.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2023 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Supervises the preparation, portioning, service and cleanup of meals to patients, visitors and staff inspecting all food for attractiveness, palatability, proper temperature and ensuring friendly, timely delivery to patients and customers.
• Maintains employee work schedules, time records, attendance records, job descriptions, performance standards, competencies, task list, and training checklist.
• Ensures equipment in the area is operational, properly maintained and kept clean.
• Maintains FTE’s within budgeted amounts, maintains appropriate inventories of items needed in areas as far as food, supplies and equipment.
• Follows HR Hiring procedures. Interviews, trains, orients, schedules, and welcomes new employees to the department.
• Evaluates employee performance and handles all personnel issues by working with Human Resources.
• Demonstrates ability to audit, count and balance both cashier transactions and department bank.
• Participates in the Management Experience of the students enrolled in the Dietetic Internship Program.
• Completes assigned quality measures such as Adopt a Floor, Patient and Employee Rounding, Test Trays, Tray Accuracy Audits, and Handwashing Audits.
Education: High School Education required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience: Five years of lead or supervisory work experience required.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons. ServSafe Certified within 90 days of employment.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Leadership skills, Relationship management, Teamwork, Professionalism, Communication-written & verbal, Planning and organizing skills, Problem-solving, Computer knowledge
Requisition ID: 2023-131781
Street: 700 E University Ave
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Food Service-Kitchen- Luth
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 40 hours/ 5:30am-2pm M-F - works every 5th weekend
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org