UnityPoint Health Perinatal Sonographer II-Perinatal Services-Methodist in Des Moines, Iowa
$7,500 SIGN ON BONUS Minimum of the pay range starts at $31.09/hr.
Under the direction of a Perinatologist, performs Diagnostic and Interventional Ultrasound Procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative to apply Ultrasound Technology. The primary goal of the Medical Center is to provide the best possible health care to the sick and the injured. Diagnostic procedures performed by the Ultrasound Technologist contribute directly toward this goal.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Produces Diagnostic Ultrasound of patients in conformance with established department techniques and procedures by the proper selection and accurate operation equipment, technical factors, and assist the Perinatologist in the interpretation of the technical aspects of the completed examination.
• Provides proper explanation of procedures to patients, their families, and others as needed to ensure the patients understanding of the examination to be performed.
• Coordinates the work schedule for patients and procedures for efficient patient flow
• Maintains knowledge of all Ultrasound Equipment in the department.
• Assist in the educational training of the Student Ultrasound Technologists.
• Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service.
• Provides care to obstetrical patients in the Perinatal Center and Maternity Center Mon-Fri and call to Maternity Center after hours and on weekends
• Practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination while assisting Physicians and Perinatologist with procedures.
• Assists in the transfer of patients to and from the examination table and provides proper immobilization devices for positioning or transporting as required.
• Evaluates requisitions for the proper and accurate completion of the Ultrasound examinations, completes additional paperwork for record keeping, and aids in the proper storage of completed exams.
Education: Graduate from an accredited Ultrasound Technology School or ARDMS registered with Ultrasound experience.
Experience: One year as Ultrasound Tech preferably experience in MFM preferred.
License(s)/Certification(s): ARDMS Registered in OB/GYN. CPR certified. Fetal Echo Certification within 1 year.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Perform functions under the stress of conflicting demands, deadlines, and time constraints. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail, and web browser. Professionalism and relationship management Ability to handle multiple interruptions and changing priorities.
Requisition ID: 2022-114959
Street: 1440 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Perinatal Services- Meth
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Days, M-F with weekend call rotation
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org