NAPHCARE U S INC Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time Days in Des Moines, Iowa
\ \ Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Full Time Days\ \ \ \ \ \ Description
NaphCare is hiring Registered Nurses (RNs) just like you at the Polk County Jail located in Des Moines, IA.
NaphCare is a family owned, medical technology company that has been delivering high quality healthcare to correctional facilities across the nation for over 30 years. Come join our team of over 4000 employees and growing! NaphCare pays well, offers outstanding benefits, and has an incredibly engaged corporate support team to make sure you have what you need to be truly excellent at what you do.
Corrections is a great way to advance your career and to help people. NaphCare offers competitive pay, great benefits and opportunities to grow your career!
This is what our employees say about working in correctional healthcare. \"I cannot believe I worked 20 years as a nurse before finding corrections. I have never felt more valued and I love how every day is so different and exciting. I feel safer here than when I worked in the ER.\" Justin, DON
We are happy to train you, so if you are a new grad, we encourage you to apply.
*Position Description: *
- Take and document all patient history and vital signs
- Assist with daily triage/sick call, minor medical/surgical procedures, patient assessments, examinations and/or treatment
- Initiate and document prescribed protocol agreement
- Respond to and initiate care for medical emergencies within the facility
- Observe and evaluate the performance of the licensed practical/vocational nursing staff
* NaphCare Benefits for full time employees include: *
- Prescriptions free of charge through our health plan
- Health, dental and vision insurance - Starts Day 1!
- Employment Assistance Program (EAP) services
- 100% vested 401K and Roth with company contribution - Starts Day1!
- Tuition Assistance
- Referral bonuses
- On-site education
- Term life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays - Starts Day1!
At NaphCare, we want you to be able to use your skills. Our positions encourage cross-training, and include roles such as intake booking nurse, detox nurse, sick call nurse and health and physical assessments nurse.
We support your growth and internal promotion. Once hired, we encourage our employees to continue to seek opportunities for advancement and leadership.
NaphCare has a partnership with NetCE that provides CEU/CME for our staff. NetCE uses a rigorous peer review process to ensure that all activities and content are up-to-date. This service streamlines continuing education for all NaphCare Employees to meet state specific requirements for maintaining licensing.
\ Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran