Vanderbilt University Medical Center Lead Medical Staff Coordinator - Wilson County (Hybrid) in Des Moines, Iowa
Lead Medical Staff Coordinator - Wilson County (Hybrid) - 2207447
Job : Medical Coding and Billing
Primary Location : Work from Home
Organization : Provider Credentialing 10 200606
Shift: : First Shift
Lead Medical Staff Coordinator - Wilson County
Completes timely and accurate credentialing and privileging of providers independently. Ensures that credentialing records comply with requirements of regulatory and accrediting agencies, federal and state laws, and delegated credentialing agreements.
Mentors and assists with training new staff members.
Handles all urgent/expedited requests and projects in order to meet the needs of the medical center.
Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained and that information is easily retrievable.
Collaborate with personnel in other departments and organizations.
Performs primary source verification for applicants and competency verification for privileging.
Processes privileging and status change requests through the appropriate services and committees.
Ensures that all individuals credentialed and/or granted clinical privileges are qualified to provide services based upon the scope of their training, licensure and experience.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
DISCRETION & PRIVACY (ADVANCED): - The ability to use and keep information confidential in a secure setting.
DATA ENTRY (ADVANCED): - The ability to transcribe information from the original source into an electronic system according to written and verbal instructions efficiently and accurately.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS (ADVANCED): - The process of identifying, evaluating, interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identify patterns and establish relationships for decision making.
CVO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (ADVANCED): Knowledge, adherence and application of CVO policies and procedures.
Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (S4):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (S4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (S4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (S4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (S4):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
High School Diploma or GED (or equivalent experience) and 5 years relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Additional Qualification Information:
- Credentialing and privileging experience in a hospital setting is required. CPCS or CPMSM Certification can be accepted in lieu of degree.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from or toward.
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
Req ID: 2207447
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center Jobs