UnityPoint Health Emergency Medical Technician-Ground Ambulance in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides a high standard of patient care during non-emergent ambulance transportation. Provides patient care and transportation in a hospital setting.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Provides non-emergent patient care transfers
· Reports, verbally and in writing, observations and medical care of the patient. Provides accurate medical documentation of all emergency medical treatment provided.
· May be assigned various administrative and/or hospital duties which may include, but is not limited to: inventory and ordering supplies, squad readiness checks/testing’s and inventories; verifying that ambulance and its contents are in proper working condition; maintain familiarity with specialized equipment, etc.
· Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Initiative processes by properly reviewing patient care reports as set forth by department standards.
· Assists in providing assistance in the hospital emergency department
· Operates at level of certification as allowed by protocol with medical director approval (EMT/Paramedic).
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School Diploma or equivalent plus a minimum certification as an Iowa EMT
· At least 1 year experience as EMT preferred
· Minimum certification as an EMT
· Basic Life Support Certification Healthcare Provider Level
· Valid Iowa Driver’s License.
· Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
· Ability to take initiative
· Effective oral and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to work efficiently and safely
· Problem solving ability
· Accurate mathematical skills
· Ability to concentrate in a diverse work setting
Requisition ID: 2022-122836
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Name: Ground Ambulance
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekdays, 40 hours/week
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org