UnityPoint Health Centralized Scheduler-Methodist Translation Services in Des Moines, Iowa
Provides clerical and scheduling support to Translation & Interpretation Services. Maintains close collaboration with Translation leadership and staff regarding schedule needs and processes. Provides communication support to Translation staff. Monitors Translation & Interpretation Services command center to coordinate patient flow.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
· Provides general clerical support to Translation & Interpretation Services.
· Manages and schedules for interpretation requests.
· Collaborates with leadership to understand staffing needs.
· Attends team meetings and leader rounding sessions.
· Coordinates and communicates with nursing units, clinics, and departments to ensure patient needs are met.
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Collaborate with leadership, patients, and all departments within UPH to collect, report, and document data accurately, based on the scheduling needs of the department.
· Assist with daily staffing needs.
· Assist in preparing reports, as requested.
· Maintains proficiency in knowledge of software programs, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, EPIC, and others as requested.
· Prepares statistical data for management utilizing the appropriate databases.
Preferred or Specialized
High school graduate or GED equivalent
Associate or higher degree preferred
Experience with computers and ability to learn computer skills. One year successful secretarial or clerical experience required.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Multicultural sensitivity. Use of Microsoft office including Outlook, Excel, and Word. Customer/ Patient focused. Critical thinking skills using independent judgement in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-123216
Street: 1200 Pleasant St
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $15.47/Hr.
Name: Translation Services
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 9am-5pm; 40 hrs/wk
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org