CVS Health Dist Suppt Pharmacist PT in Davenport, Iowa
Summary: Health is everything. At CVS Health, colleagues are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we help people on their path to better health—from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. As a Staff Pharmacist, you have a critical role at the forefront of delivering our purpose, modeling our values, and demonstrating genuine, authentic care for our patients. In addition to supporting the Pharmacy Manager in leading and directing your Pharmacy Technician Support Staff, you are accountable for supporting the management, oversight and operation of all aspects within your pharmacy. This includes:
• Patient Safety
• Pharmacy Professional Practice
• Regulatory Requirements
• Quality Assurance
• Customer Service
• Personnel Management
• Inventory Management
• Financial Profitability
• Loss Prevention
• Workflow Management
A key component of the Staff Pharmacist role is keeping your customers and patients healthy through adoption and management of patient care programs. Additionally, you will:
• Lead with Heart – display empathy and compassion for your patients, customers, caregivers and colleagues on your team
• Motivate, inspire and develop your Pharmacy Support Staff by balancing assignments that maximize colleagues’ strengths, address development opportunities and decrease knowledge gaps
• Identify critical business opportunities and contribute to the development of meaningful solutions to drive growth and improve performance in your pharmacy
• Successfully implement those solutions by leading your team to achieve specified goals
• Adapt to change and adjust plans to thrive in a dynamic community healthcare setting
• Seek new ways to grow, collaborate with others and deliver better outcomes
• Align others around purpose to gain support and commitment
• Actively contribute to a ‘team’ culture that promotes caring, energy, enthusiasm and pride
• Apply acquired knowledge to help drive healthy outcomes and differentiate CVS from competitors
*The above represents a summary of the functions of a Staff Pharmacist. Additional functions and physical requirements are available on the full job description.
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• Active Pharmacy License in the state in which you are employed
• Not on the DEA Excluded Parties List
• Immunization Certification through an accredited organization (i.e. APhA)*
• Free of pending felony charges or convictions for criminal offenses involving controlled substances
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Pharm. D. degree
- CVS Health Jobs