UnityPoint Health Behavioral Health Professional-Criminal Justice- Country Oaks in Davenport, Iowa
PRN OR AS NEEDED
This position is responsible for providing direct evaluation, counseling and education services to individuals in treatment.
The work involves facilitating overall case planning for clients and their families and maintaining all necessary documentation of a client’s involvement in treatment. In addition this position also serves as a team leader for members of the substance abuse counselors, provides assistance to the Manager, and participates in the multidisciplinary team planning. Supervision is provided by the Manager of CADS Residential and Outpatient Services or Manager Riverside Residential and Outpatient Services.
COVID-19 and Flu Vaccination Requirement: It is required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and Influenza. Exemption requests based on medical or religious reasons may be submitted, but must be approved for active employment.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Will provide direct substance abuse assessment, intervention, individual counseling, group counseling, and develop treatment plans, education and consultation services to identified clients, family, and support systems to promote recovery.
· Will follow conformance with standards set by local, state, and federal agencies (DASA rule 2060, Federal Probation guidelines, DEA, CARF, IAC, and Joint Commission standards)
· Be knowledgeable of all regional substance abuse facilities and services to assist in coordinating care for clients.
· Will complete drug and alcohol toxicology screenings as needed.
· Consult with in-house staff and other outside professionals to assure comprehensive, quality care for the client.
· Responsible for referral and case management activities, including facilitating referrals for additional services, participation in team meetings, coordinating care with community resources, etc.
· Provide information to Third Party payers
· Documentation of services provided by maintaining accurate client record reflecting services provided and recommended follow up.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services
Preference of 2 years of experience in the field of substance abuse; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the following knowledge, abilities, and skills.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons, attained within 3 months of employment.
Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Internationally Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, or Licensed Clinical Social Worker within 2 years of employment in the state they are working.
· Must have thorough knowledge of human behavior and performance for the assessment and treatment of substance use disorders. Specific knowledge necessary for working with special populations (i.e. adolescent developmental issues).
· Must have thorough knowledge of the federal drug and alcohol confidentiality law (42 C.F.R. Part 2) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
· Must have considerable knowledge of the signs and symptoms of substance use disorders including pharmacological factors.
· Must have considerable knowledge of the current American Society of Addiction Medicine patient placement criteria and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual as it relates to substance-related disorders or able to acquire the knowledge.
· Must have knowledge of different approaches to counseling and accepted clinical practices.
· Must have knowledge of the Code of Ethics for substance abuse counselors.
· Ability to perform the core functions accepted for Behavioral Health Professionals.
· Must have the ability to effectively direct other staff members.
· Must have the ability to work with a diverse population.
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
· Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, clients, outside professionals and the general public.
· Must have skills in the operations of computer word processing applications.
· Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
· Demonstrates self-directed approach to responsibilities.
Requisition ID: 2021-95331
Street: 400 W 4th St
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Criminal Justice
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: varies; typically 1st shift or 12pm-830/9pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org