Catholic Health Initiatives RN Care Manager in Council Bluffs, Iowa
At CHI Health Mercy Council Bluffs patients are at the heart of our care. Our campus is designed to heal the body mind and spirit of every person in a more comfortable less stressful hospital environment. Our full range of medical services include a new pavilion featuring enhancements in heart and vascular care surgery maternity cancer care and diagnostic imaging.
$7,500 Sign on Bonus
Nurse Care Managers are an important role that has a huge impact within our organization. These professionals are Registered Nurses who facilitate the set up of post acute care services for a patient during a hospital stay while coordinating with other care professionals in discharge plan management. They are the perfect blend of utilization management and care management which attribute to their success in this role.
If you are an RN with three to five years of direct patient care experience with the talent to coordinate resources for patient care, it’s time to connect with us!
What you’ll do:
1) Coordinate patient care while hospitalized
2) Facilitate the post acute phase
3) Connect patients with appropriate resources through collaboration with other healthcare professionals
4) Participate in clinical performance improvement activities
5) Activity involved with payers, physicians, and patients and their families
6) Completes Utilization Management and screening for patients
7) Work with insurance company for authorization of care at the appropriate setting
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program.
Three to five years clinical experience in clinical practice area to which assigned
Excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills. Strong analytical data management and PC skills.
Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and post-acute community resources.
Strong organizational and time management skills as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians payors and patients and their families.
$30.39 - $44.06 /hour
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.