Trinity Health CNA - Gastroenterology Clinic in CLIVE, Iowa
Supports the professional and clinical staff through the visit and performs studies and tests as assigned by the physician or clinical staff. The duties may vary by shift or may be clinic specific.
CORPORATE PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT:
It is the obligation of each employee of Mercy Clinics, Inc. to abide by and promote the mission and core values of the Spirit of Mercy.
CORPORATE POLICY STATEMENT:
It is the obligation of each employee of Mercy Clinics, Inc. to comply with Mercy’s mission, values, standards of conduct, policies, procedures and related practices (e.g., Dress Code, Time and Attendance, and other policies).
HIPAA SECURITY COMPLIANCE:
Security Access: High “Incumbent has access to restricted or confidential patient information and must comply with the terms of the Mercy Clinics, Inc./Mercy Medical Center Security Policies as it applies to their job role.”
· Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
· Demonstrates current level of knowledge of various payor regulations by functioning within those guidelines.
· Acts to facilitate interdisciplinary communication.
· Maintains appropriate aseptic technique.
· Follows clinic procedure/protocol for the organization and management of the electronic medical record (i.e. test results, retrieval, filing, creation, repair, charging of electronic medical record).
· Reports results and pertinent information to health care team members.
· Performs basic duties ie; rooming patients, obtaining vital signs, height and weight, and collection of basic patient data in the clinic.
· Assists with a variety of minor procedures, collects and labels lab specimens according to protocol and performs basic lab and clinic testing procedures (i.e. EKG, glucometer,etc.)
· Transports patients as necessary
· Assists with room preparation in between patient visits.
· Communicates changes/information regarding patient’s condition to the clinical staff.
· Sets up, operates, and maintains selected pieces of equipment.
· May be cross-trained to help perform clerical tasks to support the registration process at patient check-in
· Work includes cross coverage in other clinic areas as team needs.
· Maintains supply inventory and stocks supplies in various work areas.
· Misc. office duties (i.e. copying, filing, retrieval of films/medical records)
· Participates in Performance Improvement projects.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Completion of one of the following:
o A 75-hour/120-hour certified Nursing Assistant Program
o A 136-hour certified EMT program.
o An accredited Medical Assistant Program.
o An accredited Radiography Technology Program (for limited radiography) and possess a State of Iowa Limited Radiographer Certification.
· High School diploma or GED.
· Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider certified or obtained within three (3) months of hire.
· Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter abuse training specific to population serve within three (3) months of hire.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is one of the largest not-for-profit, Catholic healthcare systems in the nation. Built on the foundation of our Mission and Core Values, we integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Our colleagues have different lived experiences, customs, abilities, and talents. Together, we become our best selves. A diverse and inclusive workforce provides the most accessible and equitable care for those we serve. Trinity Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by law.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
EOE including disability/veteran
- Trinity Health Jobs