Banfield Pet Hospital Certified Veterinary Technician in Clive, Iowa
Certified Veterinary Technician in Clive, Iowa
Banfield Pet Hospital – Clive
Great Opportunity for Certified Veterinary Technicians for Banfield Pet Hospital in Clive
Do what you do best and make a difference for thousands of pets! We are looking for Licensed Veterinary Technicians who have a real passion for what they do and thrive in a team-oriented environment of a brand new, full-service hospital. Your satisfaction comes from improving pets’ lives and educating pet owners about the best preventive care for their pets, using the most comprehensive veterinary information and highest-quality equipment available (such as digital x-ray and high speed dental units). Working at Banfield, you will team with some of the best veterinarians in the profession by using your expertise to provide high quality medical care in a supportive environment. At Banfield, you have real opportunities for development and a flexible career path.
The right person for this job takes great enjoyment in:
· Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's effectiveness.
· Guiding veterinary medical teams through the cycle of service and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
· Assisting with surgery and utilizing your technical skills to the fullest.
· Conducting complete anesthesia monitoring for all surgeries.
· Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical records.
· Educating clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other pet related issues.
· Ensuring the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
· Providing professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times.
· Mentoring other paraprofessional team members.
· Personal and professional development.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Veterinary Technician licensure required. Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT).
· You believe preventive care is the best and only way to achieve a long and healthy life for each pet.
· You embrace our Five Principles of Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom.
· You thrive on providing exceptional client and pet experiences.
· You have great computer skills and aptitude.
· You are available to work weekends and evening shifts.
· You are comfortable working in an environment with loud noise and strong smells.
· You must be 18 years or older.
As a Banfield associate, you'll enjoy a very competitive total compensation package and a wealth of resources. We believe in work/life balance and support that belief with one of the most generous benefits packages in the profession including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with a matching contribution, practice-paid life and disability insurance, and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets.
Are You Passionate About Preventive Pet Care? Apply Today! Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
Banfield Pet Hospital
- Banfield Pet Hospital Jobs