UnityPoint Health Youth Counselor-Adolescent Life Program in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Coordinate’s classroom setting for children ages 6-18 years of age. The underlying goal is to teach the children and adolescents to better cope with challenging life situations. The program uses a cognitive behavioral therapy approach to address the behaviors of the children in a group setting.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Monitors care given by appropriate team members in accordance with patient needs and the team member’s professional capabilities and qualifications.
· Assists in creating a positive work environment by the mentoring of staff/students and working with team members to facilitate initiatives that strive for positive outcomes in quality and care of patients.
· Reliable attendance is an expectation.
· Coordinates patient flow and placement to coordinate with staff availability.
· Identifies problem situations, develops and implements effective decisions.
· Developing lesson plans for classroom settings
· Teaching parents/guardians about classroom setting from curriculum
· Writing individualized treatment plans for children in the classroom setting
· Data collection of adults and children in program
· Create class and social skills notes
· Ranking children on appropriate social skill usage from a Basic Skills Hierarchy
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelor’s degree in one of a variety of human service fields, such as but not limited to: social work, therapeutic recreation, psychology, sociology, family life or education
Clinical background should include experience in a human services organization dealing with children and families.
Knowledge of child development
Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Must successfully complete in-hospital orientation and competencies
Must complete initial and on-going training in TIES program model
Effective leadership skills
Critical thinking skills
Flexibility and adaptability to change
Requisition ID: 2022-111075
Street: 4050 River Ridge Dr NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Adolescent Treatmt/Child S
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.8
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 10:30-5:30
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org