UnityPoint Health Supply Technician I in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
This position performs basic Supply Chain functions. Primary focus on taking orders for supplies and delivering them as requested. Uses the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to properly issue and release products. Picks items to be delivered and organizes them neatly on carts for delivery.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
· Responsible for the intake of orders.
· Responsible for accurately and efficiently completing order.
· Properly collects and returns appropriate items to Central Supply.
· Responsible for cleaning and preparing equipment for delivery.
· Safely transports supplies and equipment throughout the facility
· Responsible for the proper placement of supplies accurately and efficiently
· Keeps PAR clean and orderly
· Responsible for identifying product shortages and overages.
· Responsible for communicating to leadership issues and relays information.
· Notifies Inventory Controller of stock outs.
· Provide front line solutioning to assist customers with any supply need and escalating to management as needed
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Degree or equivalent
2+ Healthcare or inventory experience
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Attention to Detail
Medical Product Familiarity
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-110521
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 8:00AM to 3:00 PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org