UnityPoint Health Sterile Processing Technician I-Sterilization in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Sterile Processing Technician I will perform those duties necessary for the proper decontamination, cleaning, inspection, quality assurance monitoring, assembly, packaging, sterilization, storage, distribution and documentation of surgical instrumentation and equipment according to the established procedures of AAMI/ANSI, IAHCSMM, CDC, OSHA, AORN, and AST. The Sterile Processing Technician I performs these duties for Perioperative Services and various departments and entities throughout UnityPoint St. Luke’s Hospital.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
· Sorting and arranging soiled surgical instruments and equipment for proper cleaning procedures.
· Performing cleaning and washing procedures to remove gross soil from surgical instruments and equipment for safe handling.
· Detailed cleaning of complex instruments and equipment, such as Da Vinci robotics.
· Following proper cleaning procedures for delicate instruments and equipment, such as flexible endoscopes.
Inspection and Assembly
· Sort and inspect surgical instruments and equipment for cleanliness and any broken pieces.
· Test the functionality of surgical instruments and equipment to ensure they are in proper working condition.
· Assemble surgical instrument sets according to procedures.
Sterilization and Storage
· Sterilize surgical instruments via multiple methods that include and are not limited to steam and vaporized hydrogen peroxide.
· Ensure items are sterilized according to proper procedure and guidelines as outlined in facility policy, AAMI/ANSI, and other accredited organizations.
· Ensure items are sorted and distributed to proper storage locations for future use.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Prefer one (1) year of experience.
Requisition ID: 2022-124212
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Day Shift, Mon-Fri.; Occasional weekend and holiday call shifts
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org