UnityPoint Health Patient Care Technician-Orthopedic in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is responsible for a variety of tasks and services to assist in the provision of care and comfort for patients under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN). The PCT will report and record observations and contribute to the efficient functionality of the department.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
· Partners with the RN and other healthcare team members to achieve patient care outcomes and goals of care, as identified in the plan of care.
· Obtains records and/or accurately enters data into the EMR, as identified in the PCT Scope of Practice. Competency validation and documentation of skill performance is required.
· Performs specific tasks as directed by the RN and other healthcare team members, following competency validation.
· May assist with responsibilities of the Unit Secretary, per department expectations and appropriate competency validation.
· Assist patients with activities of daily living.
· May assist in transporting medications that are not controlled substances from pharmacy delivery devices to medication storage areas on patient care unit, as well as transporting medications from patient care unit to pharmacy.
· Demonstrates an awareness of patient and personal safety.
· Incorporates St. Luke’s Comfort/C.A.R.E. Professional Practice Model in their daily care.
· Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills with patients, families, healthcare team members and other customers. Verbal communication is clear and precise. Written communication is legible, if handwritten, and done in a timely manner using approved abbreviations.
· Verbally presents factual, concise, and timely information and/or patient care data to the RN, the healthcare team, patients and/or family members in a professional manner.
· Real-time EMR documentation is done in accordance with hospital and unit policies.
· Hand-offs will be done with attention to detail and with safety as a high priority. Hand-offs are utilized to communicate patient treatment and assessment information, patient education needs, goals of care and other quality care measures at each change of caregiver or setting of care.
· Collaborates with healthcare team to provide patient care.
o Consults with RN and/or other healthcare team members, as appropriate.
o Obtains instruction and supervision, as necessary, when implementing new or unfamiliar tasks or duties.
o Complies with established department routines, policies and procedures.
High School diploma or GED
Maintain current BLS certification
Requisition ID: 2022-122824
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Orthopedic/4 Center
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: as needed days/evenings/ nights
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org