UnityPoint Health Centralized Scheduler Specialist (Full Time) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Centralized Scheduling Specialist supports customer relations, physician relations, patient care and hospital business services by performing quality functions for scheduling and registering services for multiple areas throughout the hospital. This position participates in the marketing of hospital services by working closely with the physician and their office staff. This highly visible position must be aware of the important and impact the position has on the hospital’s public relations. Positive human relations skills are necessary and required to be exhibited at all times. Centralized Scheduling is a work from home position, with the exception a Registration rotation. Registration is at the hospital and could include, Inpatient admissions, Outpatient Registration and/or ER Registrations.
% of Time
Provides Quality Outpatient Scheduling
· Responds promptly to scheduling requests
· Obtains complete scheduling information in an accurate, efficient and professional manner
· Demonstrates ability to assess the amount of time required in each test and allow enough time between tests.
· Exhibits the ability to efficiently schedule multiple tests for a patient
· Determines proper scheduling requirements and/or limitations according to requested procedure
· Ensures accurate registration and verification of patient information and makes necessary updates.
· Maintains patient flow and utilization of the ancillary testing areas
· Demonstrates the ability to decide which scheduled patient should require priority verification for medical compliance.
· Exhibits a high level of proficiency in the use of the Scheduling system
· Effective Decision making, communication and interpersonal relations to ensure a positive image of the hospital and to promote a positive patient experience.
· Presents a customer driven approach
· Identifies potential problems and alerts appropriate resource
Information Handling and Job Knowledge
· Ability to put patients and/or physician offices in contact with our Financial Clearance and Pre-Access Teams when needed.
· Understands the financial impact in scheduling patients with a financial risk for high dollar procedures.
· Exhibits the ability to relay information regarding our financial policies and medical compliance.
· Handles patient requests with both courtesy and a sense of urgency, manages call time effectively
· Stays current on new policies and procedures.
· Attends and participates in schedules department meetings
· Interacts with other hospital departments, including rotating through Registration every 2 months to maintain competency as well as visibility to the impacts of errors.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High School Graduate or GED
1-3 years in medical office setting
Experience with Epic
Prior experience with multi-line phone system
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Strong attention to detail
Excellent Communication skills
Read, write and speak fluent English
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2022-122913
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
Name: Central Scheduling
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Full Time Days 9:00AM-5:30PM
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org