UnityPoint Health Cardiac Sonographer (Echo) – Diagnostic Cardiology in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Sign On Incentive of $20,000 for qualifying candidates!
We are looking for you to come and join our busy IAC Accredited Echo Lab that currently supports a large group of hospital employed Cardiologists!
Don't want to pay for daycare? Don't want to work 4 days a week? Check out this weekend package position and work two 12 hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
We want you to join our amazing team in a career that has meaning and excitement performing Echocardiography. Be a part of our innovative team performing: transthoracic echocardiograms (TTE), NICU pediatric echocardiograms, transesophageal echocardiograms (TTE), stress echocardiograms and a list of other minimally invasive procedures that are led by echo imaging such as transcaatheter aortic valve replacements or transcatheter mitral valve repairs!
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work at https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org.
% of Time
Clinical Excellence/Patient Care
· Assesses the needs of patients and families undergoing echocardiographic procedures, providing appropriate teaching and making the necessary referrals to provide continuity of care.
· Assists the physician with the development of an individual plan of care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and health care team.
· Promptly completes documentation to assure an accurate legal record of patient’s care.
· Delivers high quality care while demonstrating knowledge and clinical skills of the specialty required in the Diagnostic Cardiology Department in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
· Utilizes holistic approach (considering biopsychosocial, spiritual, educational, safety, and related criteria) appropriate to the age of the patients and families served in the assigned service area.
· Utilizes critical thinking in making judgments, and maintains responsibility and accountability for the knowledge of conditions of the patient.
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required in the safe performance of the following exams utilizing m-mode, real time, color flow mapping, PW / CW, ped off, and 3D imaging.
· Adult transthoracic echocardiography
· Adult transesophageal echocardiography
· Adult stress echocardiography
· Demonstrates and maintains proficiency in the manual skills and techniques required to operate specialized equipment including, but not limited to the following:
· Ultrasound machines and transducers
· PACs and echo reporting systems
· Patient monitoring systems
· Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of radiation safety and practice including the use of radiation protection devices and exposure levels for both the associate and patient.
Development & Patient Education
· Continues professional development and involvement in professional activities that enhance Cardiac Sonographer practice by sharing knowledge through networking and research.
· 30 CMEs per 3 years to maintain certification plus any extra CMEs to maintain lab accreditation.
· Optional: Group member of Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography – must attain 10 CMEs/ year
· Assess and chooses teaching strategies appropriate to the patient’s and their families’ age specific needs, culture, gender, readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
· Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide specialized education.
· Demonstrates knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
· Must meet requirements for standby call which includes a 20 minute response time from primary residence to hospital
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, JCAHO, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
A graduate of a diploma, associate, or baccalaureate academic program in health science (including, but not limited to, cardiovascular technology, ultrasound, radiologic technology): must meet eligibility requirements to become certified in Adult Echocardiography through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI.)
Prefer one (1) year of hospital or clinic experience with both adult and pediatric patient populations.
Current AE certification through the ARDMS or CCI. If not current with AE certification, it must be obtained within 6 months from date of hire.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Must possess and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtain certification within 3 months from hire date.
Current certification in AE and Pediatric Echocardiography (PE). If not current with PE certification, it must be obtained within 12 months from date of hire or 12 months from the completion of AE certification if not current.
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English.
Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH facilities. May drive a UPH vehicle, rental or own vehicle.
Requisition ID: 2022-122217
Street: 1026 A Ave NE
Name: 1010 UnityPoint Health CR St Lukes Hospital
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.6
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Weekend Package Sat and Sun 6:00 am to 6:30 pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org