UnityPoint Health Pharmacy Technician-Retail-Certified in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Pharmacy Tech - Retail Certified
Pharmacy Hours 8AM-8PM; rotating shifts
Full Time + Benefits
Cedar Falls, IA
Eligible for $3,000 sign on, if external
The Certified Pharmacy Technician is accountable for facilitating responsible provision of pharmacy services through the performance of retail pharmacy functions, such as processing orders and maintaining patient profiles. This position is responsible for data entry, prescription filling, communication with other health care providers, providing excellent customer service and inventory management duties.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Commitment to our Team – We’ve been named a Top 150 Place to Work in Healthcare 2022 by Becker’s Healthcare for our commitment to our team members.
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you matter. Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work. https://dayinthelife.unitypoint.org/
• Selecting correct medication to fill, counting out, placing in appropriate dispensing container
• Taking a prescription, in different forms, or patient specific data and entering the information into the patient profile.
Clinical Excellence/Customer Service
• Receiving/Clarifying incoming prescriptions and assisting patients over the phone or in-person (in/out windows/drive-up.)
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain perpetual inventory accuracy, sending and receiving drug orders accurately.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
• Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
• Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
• Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
• Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
• Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Registered with the Iowa Board of Pharmacy as a Certified Technician at the time of hire.
Ability to read, write, comprehend and speak fluent English.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2023-138245
Street: 5100 Prairie Pkwy
Name: 2520 UnityPoint Health Allen Hospital
Name: Retail Pharmacy - PrairiePkwy
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: pharmacy open 8a-8p daily rotating shifts
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org